Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I've decided to purchase the CZ 452 American in .17 and need a good scope. I'm not planning on hunting with it right away. I go plinking with my daughters in the Angeles Forest (north of Los Angeles). While they're shooting their 10/22's, I'm going to be plinking with this. My question is, can anyone recommend a good rifle scope for this for under $300? Most of the time, I'm shooting Sporting Clays but while at the range, I saw some people having loads of fun with their rimfires. I hope I'm getting into something good! Thanks for any ideas. Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to Rimfire Central and it's my first post! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hmmm....

Some good choices around that price range would be:

Weaver V-16 - AO, 4-16X, excellent optics

Weaver V-24 - AO, 6-24X, excellent optics

Bushnell Elite 3200 (any power range you're looking for)

That's about all I can recommend for the $$$ range that you're looking for.

I highly recommend a V-24. I've got one and it definitely holds its own with $500+ Leupolds. The V-16 is also a very good choice. I don't have a Bushnell Elite, but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Viper, now for the next "Q"! Where to buy on the 'net? Do you think Ebay would have something? I've got a few bucks in a Paypal account and believe me, it's burnin' a hole in my monitor. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Last month, Natchez had the V-16 on sale for $229.....

Oh well, it is still a GREAT price for that scope! :D

Good luck! :t

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
I'm going to call or email them and see if i can't get the sale price. I'll let ya know. Thanks again for the head's up!
Brad

·
Registered
19 Posts
elite 3200 with rainguard

they don't fog up are realatively clear and they are light and under 200 dallors from what Ive read comparable to a leapold vx2 and they don't fog up and are alot cheaper I've got one on a 10/22 magnum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.