Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an AMT .22 pistol that has always hung up the casing after firing...since new.
Has anyone got a good gunsmith who can fix this?
I'm in Sacramento but I can ship it.
thanks,
Corky

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Corky,
please describe what you have.
Some AMT pistols share design features and parts interchangeability with Ruger's offerings(which applies to aftermarket parts as well). It could be an easily cured problem that would be a valued learning experience for you.
Take care,
warren

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Corky... if it's the the 22LR that looks like a Ruger.... ANY gunsmith that can fix one of the Rugers should be able to fix it.
As obx22 said... they're basically copies of the ruger design.
I've got one of the AMT rifles and all the 10/22 parts I've tried have been a perfect fit.
Paul

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Chief says : Well it must be a 22 cal " lightning or bulls eye"

And if it be a 22 magnum = Automag II. What ever the
type / cal. give the bore and especially the chamber a good
cleaning. AMT pistols are notorious for fouling chambers.

Clean boltface and extractor. If its a 22 cal. might try a
mag full of stingers in it . 22 mag = try some CCI +V's

And before anyone says WOW! I have all the AMT models
and they function very well with hot CCI ammo . Infact thats
the only ammo they like.

CD.,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Cheif!!

My Automag II fuctions perfectly with the Winchester Supremes. Regular CCI ammo won't even function my slide. I'll have to pick up the +V and try it out.

I got what I believe was a good deal on mine - $200.00 .Pawn shop buy that was probably pawned of because it would'nt function. It may have had something to do with the previous owner never cleaning it. :eek: (ya think). But then again without the idiots none of us would ever get a good deal.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.