Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ordered & received the Dayton/Traistor 77/22 trigger to finish my 77/17 conversion and realized that I sent the trigger spring with the factory unit when I sold it to a board member here.

Now I am in desperate need of a factory trigger spring to install the D/T trigger ............... DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN EXTRA THAT THEY COULD SPARE????

Or does anyone know of a common spring that will work as a replacement.

Any help is appreciated.

Clay

·
Registered
91 Posts
Clay
I fitted the same make of trigger to my 77/17 and found that the original spring would only allow the weight of pull to adjust down to 3lb.
I called in to see my local gunsmith and raided his box of 'old' springs and found a couple with the right overall dimensions. When I fitted the stiffer of the two, I was able to set the pull at a crisp 1.3lb. (It would go lower.)
I know this does not get you a spring, but you are probably better off with a lighter replacement.
Another riflesmith suggested the spring out of a ball point pen - but that might be a long shot (forgive pun), but it should get you shooting. (Be careful of a very light trigger with this type of spring)

......Titan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.