Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Have only looked through them at gun shows. Having done so I would not buy one either. Not well thought of and for good reason.

Buy a similarly priced Bushnell for much better value and performance. I think of all the very inexpensive scopes the Bushnell's seem the best optically. Though they are of course not going to give performance like a better scope.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 3X9 on an AR-15. It's better than nothing. The optics are not all that clear. Best thing about it is the carry handle mount. The Bushnell 3X9 on my air gun beats it hands down. The Simmons 6.5X20 on my 10/22 works great out to 100 yards but it is not as good as the Swift 8X32 on my 93R17. With the Swift you can see the .17 holes on light target paper at 200 yards.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have a 6-24x Illuminated Mil-dot NcStar. The optics seem "ok". I'd rate it above the low-end bushnells and and tascos, but the view isn't bright enough for me for it to be a day to day scope. The field of view is fairly narrow as well.

I thought the Illuminated reticle would be fun to try as I shoot a bit in the late of day and evenings so I picked it up on a chance for a low price. The bottom line on the Illuminated is that the brightness of the scope for night work isn't there to bring out target details in low light conditions, so the IL reticle isn't much use.

On mine, the clarity and focus are ok otherwise, but I've got plenty of other better scopes so this one gets little use.

Buy a real scope. Every time I try and save a few $$ on a scope it's been wasted (ATV excepted).

added: I've had crappier scopes. BSA comes to mind (in addition to the ones mentioned above).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.