Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your from around Hickory, Statesville Winston NC I would like to get together with ya and do some shootin. I just moved here not too long ago and dont know of many places to shoot.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats about what it looks like.....I have found a few ranges round here but I cant afford the membership fees. it seems like most want a $500 initial joining fee then cost about $100 a year after that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You might try the Old Hickory Gun Club located just outside of Bostic! It's is close to where they have the North Caolina State Trap Shoot. Have been there to shoot trap & dinner @ the Old Hickory Gun Club. They have concrete benches and different yardage to shoot. Ask for Wayne Shepherd
Later J.J.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Vale, NC 30min. from Hickory down Hwy 10. Bulls Eye gun store is right across the street. Larry will answer the phone. BIG .22 crowd. There is also somewhere they shoot in Newton. My buddy shoots .500 mag., .454, and .460,s there. I can't afford to shoot that crap, so I don't hang out with them. Call me for the next ski trip. My shooting buddy is former USMC, and we shoot 100 yds. in his back yard. PM me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I belong to a range just outside of Lexington. You can come out with me as a guest sometime and see if you like it. It is the Piedmont Handgunners Association range. I have been a member for several years and go there weekly to shoot my Marlin .22 or cowboy guns.
Semper Fi
Deputy Gene

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in college at boone. Theres a fairly cheap gun range up here. I've got a friend that has a membership. There is also a rifle range back home in Wilkes county. I think(not sure though) that duncans gun shop may run the rifle range but i'm not sure about that.

~Larry

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Larry....I have been to duncans off of red,white and blue road in wilkesboro...nothing fancy but a place to shoot.I think I scared alot of folks off when I started shooting my subguns though!!!

Deputy Gene...been there too...its a little ride from home (Iredell) but not too far from where I work in Rowan....check your PM's.

Anyone shoot at Rowan wildlife? I would like to go check that range out some time.

Also...anyone shoot full auto in NC?

·
Registered
367 Posts
i go down to Uwharrie about once a month or so. it's about an hour from me, so it's a little too far to be a common occurance. There's also a place in Mebane where i used to be a member, nice low budget place called Buckhorn Gun Club.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well folks...I joined Shooters in turnersburg ( hwy 21 , Iredell County just north of Statesville).
I went out there yesterday and plinked with one of my suppressed 10/22's and my marlin 17vs.
its a decient range but only 100 yards. The folks that run the place said I can shoot my full auto stuff there and one of these days when I get some $$$ saved up I'm going to buy a shotgun and try out their trap and skeet ranges.

Anyone else on here a member there? I would love to get together and shoot with some of ya!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am new to NC also. I moved from AZ, I guess I am spoiled there is Lots of BLM land to shoot on there. I am looking for people meet and go Shooting with. I prefer to find some private land so I am not limited to shooting paper. I love shooting at eggs, golf balls, claybirds etc.

My Daughter invented a game she calls it bullet bowling. You set up empty shotgun shells like bowling pins, then set up a series of golf balls in front of them. You shoot at the balls and try to knock over the shells with them.

We have had hours of great fun playing it. Its very fustrating at times but still a lot of fun.

She's a smart kid for only 15.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.