Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Gaucho de Gatos
6,842 Posts
Gents, this is a useful notice and as such I'd like to see it stay up.

However I've had to delete 3 posts already for diving into politics and if it happens again I will lock the thread.

There are infinite places to discuss politics on the web but this ain't one of them.

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Gents, this is a useful notice and as such I'd like to see it stay up.

However I've had to delete 3 posts already for diving into politics and if it happens again I will lock the thread."

LtCrunch, thanks for trying to minimize the garbage.

Bob

·
Premium Member
380 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I normally just go to Mt. Rainier NP Paradise gate and get one every year. Since I got medically retired the things that become available for vets are pretty cool. If your 90% or more disabled like me you can apply for special hunting permits, camping spots, parking spots, fishing licenses, help with school for your kids, and the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
11,433 Posts
Something I just learned, Veterans can get a free Lifetime Pass to the National Parks, just go to a nearby park office and show your VIC or DD214 and they will issue you a Lifetime Pass, good for you along with everyone else in your vehicle.

View attachment 344491
Hardly for Free, a small Thank you for our Freedom👍

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Several years ago our son went to the Carlsbad Caverns with us and he had his veteran's pass which would cover all of us. Upon presenting it the park employee told him it was expired. I stared digging for money when the employee told him it was no problem as he could just renew it for him and quickly did so. Now he is 100% diabled and I don't believe anything expires for him now.

·
Premium Member
36,914 Posts
Several years ago our son went to the Carlsbad Caverns with us and he had his veteran's pass which would cover all of us. Upon presenting it the park employee told him it was expired. I stared digging for money when the employee told him it was no problem as he could just renew it for him and quickly did so. Now he is 100% diabled and I don't believe anything expires for him now.
Not a resident of NM like you eh? ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts