Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My Ultimate Is Almost Done!

558 3
About a year ago, I got a plain jane 10/22 from GI Joe's for $179. I immediately stripped it down to the receiver and trigger housing and added the following:

1. Green Mountain "Rimfire Central Special Edition" 24" bull barrel

2. Rimfire Technologies (Skeeter from www.rimfirecentral.com) Trigger Kit

3. Rimfire Technologies Bolt

4. Rimfire Technologies V-Block

5. Rimfire Technologies Wide Trigger

6. Tactical Solutions Extended Mag Release

7. Bell & Carlson Anschutz- (Sportsmen Team Challenge/Silhouette) Style stock

8. Mueller Eradicator 8.5-25x50mm Scope

9. Power Custom 10-22 Weaver Style Action Base (4 holes for the receiver and 2 holes for the barrel) and Receiver Pins

10. Burris Signature Zee Rings w/offset inserts

I didn't keep track of the cost, and frankly don't want to know. I got the barrel through a www.rimfirecentral.com special for about $85 (IIRC). I have a C&R license, and got as much as I could through Brownell's and Midway at their dealer rates, but I probably could have built a decent AR-15 for what I have into it.

I finally pulled it all together and shot it for the first time on the 4th of July. I ran out of elevation adjustment before I could get the elevation zeroed (good thing I bought the offset inserts for the Burris Signature Zee Rings), but I got the windage zeroed and was easily and consistently shooting dime-sized 10-shot one hole groups about 2" below my point of aim at 50 yards (off of a Shooter's Ridge Harris Bipod Clone--not bad for a casual shooter, IMO!). I went through a couple hundred rounds, and had two misfires, which I attribute to not storing my ammo (SK Standard Plus) properly.

I installed the offset inserts yesterday, which should resolve the elevation issue. I'll be back on the range tomorrow to see what I can do with it when I get the elevation zeroed properly.

I'm not great about taking or posting pictures, but I'll try. It was a fun project, and promises to be great fun to shoot.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Just ???

I went through a couple hundred rounds, and had two misfires, which I attribute to not storing my ammo (SK Standard Plus) properly.
Exactly how did you store your ammo and for how long?

Two out of a couple hundred seems AVG. even for the good stuff

·
Registered
302 Posts
Exactly how did you store your ammo and for how long?

Two out of a couple hundred seems AVG. even for the good stuff
Your Ultimate sounds real nice, don't ya just love your Muller Rat, I sure like mine. Try shootin some 5-round groups and go for some of the games on here, it's a lot of fun.

Let's take this ammo storing thing one step further; I am currently sitting on about 2000 rounds of SK Standard Plus and Wolf ME, what are the dos and don'ts of storing ammo?

Mine are currently stored in the factory Brick and/or Box packaging in metal G.I. Ammo Cans on a shelf in my bedroom closet. Should I be doing something different?

Having Fun in the Arizona Sun,

Evad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.