Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, after all your helpfull advice, i have got my layout. here goes :

* weaponcraft ultimate performance package.....$62.00 [package contains complete upgraded trigger/extractor internals as well as recoil buffer]
* doug keoning v-block.....$18.50
* green mountain barrel, 18", blue.....$85.00
* boyd's "smartstock", gray pepper laminate.....$132.00
* power custom scope base, picanny/weaver style, black .....$17.00
* weaver "quad-lock" 1" scope rings, black.....$20.00
* weaver v16 4x16x40mm, target dot rect., black.....$289.00
* uncle mikes sling swivles, 1", black.....$8.00
* galco "gun-leather" sling, black.....$30.00

well......what do you all think ? did i leave anything out ? i am going to leave the mag release, bolt release and safety button stock as it does not affect accuracy and i think it gives the weapon a more "streamlined" look. should i replace the firing pin and spring ? or does it not really make that big of a difference ?

can't waite to start pissin' away some hard earned cash ! :t

·
Registered
644 Posts
I prefer sythetic super slings that are available at Walmart and Cabelas they are very simple to adjust and almost indestructible. Other than that looks good depending on what you are going to use it for. I'd prefer a lighter barrel for a hunting rifle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will be using this rig for dispatching tree rats and 50yrd targets. i think it should be just five for this application. if i can get .5 inch groups @ 50yrds i'll be smilin' ! i may go with a fluted barrel but haven't quite decided yet.

thanks again everybody ! :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
CPC work too

dont forget to send your bolt in to randy @cpc to get his magic mod when you have the money($50). your gun will function better and you wont have eradict flyers. the only reason i havent sent my bolts in is because i just finished my 2 ultimates and want to see the groups im getting w/a stock unmodified bolt and compare them to the groups after randy touches them in an impure manner :)

hope this helps!
-gimp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.