Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this project a couple of months ago. I started out with a three foot maple log and a can of bondo; 25 hours later I have this:

Besides the stock, I have a Volquartsen hammer and a Volquartsen extractor installed in it. The finish I used was some spray in truck bed liner from Autozone. I love the finish. Now that I am done with this, I have become addicted and already have made plans for a new stock. I can't wait until I can get started. I hope you guys will like it as much as I do.

·
Registered
836 Posts
wichy said:
I started this project a couple of months ago. I started out with a three foot maple log and a can of bondo; 25 hours later I have this:

Besides the stock, I have a Volquartsen hammer and a Volquartsen extractor installed in it. The finish I used was some spray in truck bed liner from Autozone. I love the finish. Now that I am done with this, I have become addicted and already have made plans for a new stock. I can't wait until I can get started. I hope you guys will like it as much as I do.
wichy,

Dude that's the most evil looking rifle I've seen so far here! Looks like a fancy 700 "Sniper".

wmrimfire,22

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait until you see what I have come up with for a future ultimate. Me and my friend are going "tactical". I am making a new stock with an AR-15 collapsable stock, pistol grip, vertical grip with a rail for a laser, a barrel shroud and a flash hider. The stock itself will be an olive green to match the olive green but pad on the stock. I have the money but now I just have to wait until I get back from North Dakota. I am hoping it will be finished before August but we'll have to see. Thanx for the feedback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great job!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

How much does that thing weight (copared to factory stock)?

I have been thinking of how I can do my own personalized stock, but I think with my capabilities it will just alter the factory synthetic.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is made of maple so it did add a little more weight but I don't know exactly how much it weighs. I was actually thinking of selling it. I have another maple blank sitting in my room and am going to get started on a more of a thumbhole/benchrest stock. I believe that this stock really improved my accuracy because when I was out in North Dakota visiting my uncles' farms, I hit gophers at like 60-70 yards. If you are interested PM me. I'd probably sell for $50-$75.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.