Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this used in 1985 for $140. It came with the vented ramp, wood target grips and trigger with a stop screw. Over the years I added the Marvel Arms' speed strip system and a magazine release lever. One smart thing I did, about the same time I bought it, was to order from Ruger every spring, pin and other small parts should they break, or I lose a part while stripping it down including a set of flat black Bakelite grips with the silver eagle.
Per its serial number, it was built in 1981.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Material property Gas
Office supplies Writing implement Office equipment Wood Ball pen

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Can't remember who (Marvel?) but they use to offer the aluminum ribs that you epoxied on the barrel/frame. I had one for the 5 1/2-inch bull barrel MKII at one point in the early 1980's. Still pretty cool looking even 40 plus years later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
871 Posts
The glue that came with the rib was some sort of rubberized bonding agent. Not really an epoxy and not contact cement but something in between those two. It cleaned up without much fuss if you removed the rib. That said I can understand not wanting to glue anything to your pistol.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
That vent rib does really look nice! I had a new Mark I Target tapered barrel model years ago, but like rustic bob I always preferred the heavier bull barrel models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts