Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 10/22 with a Choate Pistol Grip Stock, zypher sights, BSA red dot sight, butler creek magazines, compensator/ muzzle brake, bolt buffer, auto-bolt release, laser sight, and flashlight. 25 round magazines on the way. tell me what you think.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Needs a bipod!!!

Neat. I also have the Choate pistol grip stock. I threw away the handguard and the barrel band and chopped off about two inches. I have a Magnum Research graphite barrel that's floated with a bedded action. Wish we could have those 25 round mags in Kalifornia!!! I have two Ruger mags stuck bottom to bottom in mine. Tasco 6x20x44 and Harris bipod finish mine off. No laser though :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
That would be a sweet dusk hunting, or Racoon gun! Not to mention a host of other nocturnal vermin.
I have a Choate Pistolgrip too. I had a problem with the screw hole deforming when I tightened the takedown screw. I think it was mostly my fault. I put a washer between the head of the screw, and the recess hole in the stock. My reasoning for this was to distribute the presure of the screw over a wider area. Also to ensure that there was plenty of room in the threaded hole of the recever. Anyhow, I removed the stock from the rifle to discover that the washer had molded into the thermoplastic stock.
I just replaced the Choate with a Houge OM, and finaly got the bugs worked out of my rifle. Someday Im going to install a Sleeve in the screwhole in the Choate. It realy is a cool little stock.
BTW: Nice A.K. Does it have a stamped, or milled recever? Other than the stock, did you do any other mod's to it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the gun shoots pretty nice, but for some reason it kinda shoots some what loud, also i am thinking about getting a bipod for it, but like all gun accessories cost a little bit of $$$$. As for the AK, it has a stamped recever, and also its not mine, my friend put it in the picture just for laughs. And the light bracket is actually an old raised scope mount that my friend had, it just happend to fit perfectly. As for other mods, i have a bolt buffer and the bolt is going to be polished this weekend.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Any time I put a compensator or even a tuner that is vented on the end of the barrel, it really cracks a lot louder as the bullet breaks the sound barrier and passes the vents or ribs its like it doubles the sound, or pops the sound barrier twice. I'm no rocket scientist, so I guess this made sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.