Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My stock came in today!!!

448 2
My Boyds unfinished Blaster in Nutmeg came in today :D I must say what a nice piece of wood that is. I had to wait a while (January 27th to April 2nd) but it was definately worth the wait.

Aaron
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am also hopeing to have all my sanding done on Saturday and starting applying my coats of Tung oil mixed with Walnut stain on Sunday and throughout the next week. I plan on putting on roughly 10 coats on(80% Tung Oil and 20% Walnut stain). Next weekend I will add my polyurathene on and during that week IT'S GONNA BE SHOOTING TIME!!! This is my first 10/22 project and so far it's a sucessl:) I just hope I can get good groups at 25 yards with my set-up. I have a stainless 20" Clerke barrel and a custom trigger job down to 2 pounds. I plan on shooting for Team Canada on the Online-Line Matches too. I think I will have lots of fun and I would like to thank all of you for your advice along the way.

lazyeh

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did well

I went to the range today with it at 25 yards I was averaging .3 - .4 groups with CCI Blazers (new blazers). I was very careful not to get any lead on the stock... I just can't wait to finish the stock so I don't have to worry about the lead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.