I bought my first Scout for the action and saw that it would make a good offhand rifle for me, short and light. So I went ahead and ordered the second one with the idea of modifying the stock and painting it. I was inspired by the green Scout done by Gerald I believe.
So I cut up the extra stock that I had, which looked like it was shaped from a 2x4 and stained. I took on the project as something fun to do and I didn’t let myself get too hung up on details. It isn’t my best work by any stretch of the imagination, but it serves the purpose.
I will work on the trigger some more and haven’t yet decided if I will go back to iron sights or use another scope, as I don’t really care for this one and I have another one available.