Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in at sportsman warehouse today and bought my varmint. It should be here in about a week and a half. The salesman was really nice. I know some of you bought them cheaper, but i paid 369.25 with tax. It was 370 with out tax, and I told him I didn't want to pay shipping, so he charged 350, then tax. Two weeks ago i bought the scope. It is a bushnell trophey 4-12x40 ao. Any advice for the rings would be apreciated. I just bought a brick of pmc scormasters, and shot them out of my friends varmint. I thought they shot really well. He didn't think so, so i bought his half of the brick. At 50yds. we had 4 or 5 1/2" 3 shot groups. One other thing, how do i get my hands on one of those single shot adapters? No one will order one for me.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifle :t
For rings contact Brookie (Sponsors forum- CZ452) You can get a set of his adapters and Burris Sig Zee rings or the BKL rings. Or you can go to www.cz-usa.com and get the CZ rings. The CZ rings are fairly expensive, but they are good rings. While at CZ's website you can order a single shot adapter. Also send a PM to user brnomann if you would rather have a steel single shot adapter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
cz hunter said:
Two weeks ago i bought the scope. It is a bushnell trophey 4-12x40 ao. Any advice for the rings would be apreciated.
Take a look at BKL 257 (two piece), or for about twice the price, BKL 253, both available from Brookie, among others. I don't know the exact dimensions of your scope, but these rings are high enough for a 44mm objective scope, and fit both a 3/8" and 11mm dovetail (.22LR Varmint is 3/8"). Matte black anodized aluminum. Another option is Millett Angle-Loc steel "22 Caliber Rings", High, either matte black (TP00005) or nickle (TP00007). These are about a 1/10" lower than the BKL rings. (Strangely, these are categorized under Weaver-style rings and bases on Millett's website.) And yet another, but more expensive, option is Brookie's Weaver adapters and Burris Signature Zee rings with Posilign inserts.
So many choices!

·
Registered
71 Posts
The .22 LR Varmint is not 3/8 it's 11mm. I own the gun CZ Hunter shot the scoremasters out of. Most 3/8 ring will work as long as you check for correct grip on the dovetail angels. The most accurate ammo out of the gun to date is Federal Gold Medal Target. :eek: In my other two CZs this ammo is awful to say the least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations on the new Varmint!

I just got one too last week at Cabelas. They just opened a new store in Buda, Tx. just south of Austin. Unfortunately, I haven't shot it yet. I ordered the Brookie's weaver adapters and hope to swap scopes with my Remington 541S that also has weaver mounts and the Burris Signature Zee rings. But the CZ rings do look nice on their website.

I'm hoping to shoot the 22 smallbore silhouette with mine. I got the Bushnell 4200 4-16X scope, which everyone says is heavy. Hopefully I'll stay under the 8 1/2lb limit. If not, I may be looking for a new scope.

Anyone have any suggestions on reducing weight? How about aluminum rings?

Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joe aggie said:
Congratulations on the new Varmint!

I just got one too last week at Cabelas. They just opened a new store in Buda, Tx. just south of Austin. Unfortunately, I haven't shot it yet. I ordered the Brookie's weaver adapters and hope to swap scopes with my Remington 541S that also has weaver mounts and the Burris Signature Zee rings. But the CZ rings do look nice on their website.

I'm hoping to shoot the 22 smallbore silhouette with mine. I got the Bushnell 4200 4-16X scope, which everyone says is heavy. Hopefully I'll stay under the 8 1/2lb limit. If not, I may be looking for a new scope.

Joe
You could look into cz's custom gun shop, get the level 1 upgrade, Mcmillian stock, and adjustable sear. The stock should lighten it. The stock is the only thing i could think of that would lighten it. I would keep the scope. It is a nice one

·
Registered
3 Posts
CZ Hunter,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know CZ had a custom shop. Do they have a website? I may have to checkout the McMillan stock.

According to manufacturer's specs, the Varmint weighs 7.0 lbs, my Bushnell weighs 18.6 oz (1.16lb), so that only leaves me 0.34lb (5.44 oz) for rings, which may be ok. I don't know if they weigh the gun with the magazine and ammo.

And of course, every stock is a little different so the weight may vary.

I do like the scope, and it supposedly has a good reputation for tracking well.

Joe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe, the website is czusa.com. You might be able to get away with some aluminum rings. You should find the weight of the millet anglelock cz rings. They are steal. They are nice rings :t , but a pain to put on. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
joe aggie said:

Joe
I use my cz varmint in hunter class small bore silhouette. I have a 4200 6-24x, brookie's weaver adapter and burris signature zee high rings, 3" sunshade, and the front barrel lug removed. It weighs in at 8.48lbs. So you have to be carefull with the weight but you should be able to come in under weight.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I handled that varmint in Cabela's about 2 weeks ago. I'll have to get one. I liked the palm swell in the pistol grip.

You'll easily come in under weight. Install the adjustable sear, then drive up to Haltom city and shoot silhouette rifle with us on the second Saturday morning of the month.

We're very active and we have mechanically resettable targets. Pull the string and the targets pop back up!

Joe -class '83

·
Registered
3 Posts
3joe21 said:
I handled that varmint in Cabela's about 2 weeks ago. I'll have to get one. I liked the palm swell in the pistol grip.

You'll easily come in under weight. Install the adjustable sear, then drive up to Haltom city and shoot silhouette rifle with us on the second Saturday morning of the month.

We're very active and we have mechanically resettable targets. Pull the string and the targets pop back up!

Joe -class '83
Gig'em Joe! I'm class of '84. Seems like just yesterday.

Haltom City would be a decent drive from Austin. Maybe when I get a few matches under my belt. I shot my first match two weeks ago at the Austin Rifle Club range near Manor. It was definitely fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.