Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

my new build and ?'s

1896 Views 29 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  T191032
Hey everyone...new here and have doe big questions to ask.....if you don't mind...yesterday I got my first 10/22 and my mod list is endless. I want to start with the tapco t6 tactical trainer stock and get a fluted heavy barrel for it but my questions are as follows....1 when I put the T6 stock on does it use the barrel band from the original stock?? 2 when I put the .920 barrel on do I have to get a special barrel band for it to use with the t6? That's all the questions I have so far but I'm sure I will have more seeing this is my first time getting into rimfires.....thank you everyone in advance for responding
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So there it is in factory condition.....next is the stock...but first I was lookin at a Kidd bolt handle but there are 3 different springs in the kit one for sub sonic ammo one for 17 hmr and a normal ammo... any one know how to tell the difference??

· Registered
1,945 Posts

Maybe this time??? And thanks for the welcome and link to help me yellowjacket...

Nice Kyle... she looks good.

A couple suggestions...

1. Get rid of the barrel band entirely... all of our guns shot better without the barrel band.

2. Get rings that mount your scope closer to the bore, it looks like you can lower it almost a quarter inch... that will help by flattening out the bullets path, relative to your sightline... which will pay dividends targeting at varying ranges. We had a couple of our builds mounted like that (see below) but changed out the rings to bring them closer to the bore and it made a big difference.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OOOoo those are pretty.....So what you are saying is I should go with a low profile picatinny rail and some picatinny scope rings?? I was planning after the stock and barrel to do that anyway if that's what you meant because I hate the Weaver rings. They don't seem to stay tight and I get scope wander...least that's what happened on my air rifle

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just so you aware of all the options... You can get a fluted LIGHT barel also. Unless you are planning for bench shooting with your tapco stock you may want to consider an aluminum barrel. Have fun :comeandge
Yeah thank you I was lookin at both of the E.R. Shaw stainless helical fluted in both tapered and heavy and thought if I got a heavy it would be a little more accurate from the bi pod grip I want to mount on the t6.....you think?? I'm open to all options I just want to make it a good reliable target shooter.....

· Registered
27 Posts
ER Shaw barrel

Hey I just picked up an 18in. ER shaw bull barrel without anything fancy about a month ago and it works great, definitely reccomend it. I really love the thing since it was only $99 it really surprised me with how well it did for being that cheap. I was getting sub 1/2 in. groupings at 50 and 65 yds easy using CCI roundnose minimags (Loves em) with a little help from a volquartsen target hammer. Only thing to watch out for is it gets pretty front heavy, now that I think about it I probably should have forked out a bit more money for the fluted version since I take it on long squirrel hunts. Other than that it's great especially if your on a budget like me (only half my rifles done still). Good luck, I'll try to post some groupings tommorow if you need them.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey I just picked up an 18in. ER shaw bull barrel without anything fancy about a month ago and it works great, definitely reccomend it. I really love the thing since it was only $99 it really surprised me with how well it did for being that cheap. I was getting sub 1/2 in. groupings at 50 and 65 yds easy using CCI roundnose minimags (Loves em) with a little help from a volquartsen target hammer. Only thing to watch out for is it gets pretty front heavy, now that I think about it I probably should have forked out a bit more money for the fluted version since I take it on long squirrel hunts. Other than that it's great especially if your on a budget like me (only half my rifles done still). Good luck, I'll try to post some groupings tommorow if you need them.
Yeah I'm on a pretty tight budget.....lol but yeah, show me this groups I'd love to see the accuracy from anything....and I was def planing on the fluted for weightinged as I do some squirrel hunting too.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.