Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My new 452FS

876 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  doubs43
I haven't shot it yet but love this thing already. Can't wait to put a scope on it and see how it shoots!

Very happy with this piece of walnut... it is begging to be stripped and refinished though!

:D
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6,522 Posts
Is this your first CZ? If so, you picked wisely. Very nice looking rifle. Don't be fooled by the design, they shoot much better than you would think. My FS is right there with my Lux as to accuracy, and the Lux has been tweaked a bunch. The FS is as it came to me.

Enjoy your rifle. I've seen your stock work, and with your talent, I'm sure you will bring out the beauty of that wood. Hard to believe the wood some of these come from the factory with. Stripping the mud off and filling the pores will really make you appreciate the wood.

Congrats again.

Kenny

· Registered
309 Posts
You have a beautifull rifle! I was torn between the 452 Trainer and the FS. I was able to find the Trainer first, so I bought it (with no regrets, mind you). Is this your first CZ? I know that when I handle and shoot mine, I feel like I've moved a notch or two up the world's social ladder. There aren't many products in the world that can make a person feel better about themselves for owning one. I wish I'd purchased a CZ years ago.

· Registered
375 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful FS...i have one in 22lr, and it is a tack driver...only thing i did was replace the trigger spring with Ace #144...funny, it seems time and time again, the FS owners need to do nothing to them and they will shoot amazing...this is my favorite gun.

· Registered
5,637 Posts
I agree with 9Fingers; the FS is a great introduction to CZ rifles. Yours has much prettier wood than mine but I've not had much luck in the "wood lotto".

Something curious about my own FS is that it has a hollow bolt handle. I wonder if that was common when mine was made. The newer ones seem to all have solid handles.

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
Very nice Full Stock, ek! TJe buttstock has some nice grain pattern to it, and while the factory finish isn't "bad" -- the pores are not filled and a refinish will probably upgrade the appearance significantly.

· Registered
1,342 Posts
Try a few coats of Howard's Feed n Wax before you strip it, a good cleaning and some TLC might be all you need.

My FS was dry as the desert when I picked it up, the Howards gave her a new life. Looks so good, almost don't want to take her out for a stroll..

Nice purchase!

· Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I may shoot it as soon as Friday night (depends if I can get a bore guide in time) and will shoot whatever lots of Eley Match my Suhl doesn't like too much to see what exactly this CZ can do. I have plenty of Wolf MT and ME to shoot as well. Tonight I installed a Yo-dave kit (which is awesome) and did some bolt polishing and it significantly slicked up the rifle. So far so good. I'll shoot the rifle with the stock unmodified to get a baseline on the accuracy so I can see what bedding, torquing, pressure points, ignition modifications, etc. do.

I can definitely tell this wood will look better when stripped and with the pores filled. I also have a block of ebony waiting to replace the plastic tip.

Quick question... what other stocks could this barreled action drop into? I'm curious.

· Registered
5,637 Posts
I may shoot it as soon as Friday night (depends if I can get a bore guide in time) and will shoot whatever lots of Eley Match my Suhl doesn't like too much to see what exactly this CZ can do. I have plenty of Wolf MT and ME to shoot as well.
You're well stocked with up-scale ammo and your new FS will probably thank you with great groups. OTOH, if you ever want to try something a little less expensive, my FS loves CCI Standard Velocity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.