Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading how Ruger has switched to making a plastic trigger group in recent years, however, the new K10/22 all-weather/stainless i just bought (new) came with a definite metal trigger housing. I recall this being produced sometime in 2007 according to the paperwork if that makes a difference. IS this unusual or expected due to the date?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought the same model a few months ago...all metal...but a friend of mine went on the hunt and came out with a plastic group w/o much of a difference in S/Ns between the two rifles. I don't know if somebody just switched out his TG with a plastic or what bc he found his at a pawn shop...i think it's probably a mystery to Ruger too.... nice find tho..:bthumb:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Nothing unusual I wouldn't think. There are rifles in the pipeline that will turn up for a while yet. Sometimes months and even years later as stores and distributors and the factory warehouse turn over their inventories. You gotta figure that DSP's, SS, WWS's and so forth don't sell as fast as the standard carbine, so they might be in stock longer.

I was tempted to buy a "plastic" 10/22 last week just for the grins and giggles of it, but then I found a Model 17 Smith & Wesson. There went my gun budget for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.