Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

MY mind made up yet ??

269 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  RICOCHET
okay, okay,

after looking at gunbroker for pics / prices of diff tube feeders in 22 lr, think i'll go with a used marlin / glenfield carbine, ( 19" ? bbl ) mdl 75c. to be kept in my rig while down to the river or bouncing around in the brush. noticed a bbl band kinda like the 10/22, where most rugers will give better accuracy if the band is removed or relieved as to not be in contact with the bbl. is this true for the marlin ?? can the band be removed or is it necc to help hold the bbl in place.

as you can tell, have no xperience with these models and need some info and advice on reliability, any quirks, etc. dont need a tack driver, but decent accuracy to 50 - 60 yds would be nice. what kind of average groups can these carbines get with a med powered scope. got all kinds of ammo to try.
any opinions will help, "good, bad, ugly". lol. btw, are the receivers grooved?

c'mon guys need some help here, as this is my first lr tube feeder

thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
made up your mind?

RIC, see my "new .22" post - I just got a Glenfield 75-C. Haven't had a chance to clean it up and get it out to the range. This weekend is supposed to be hot and humid here in CT so I'll get a chance to get to try it out. My son is off to college for the first time at the end of the month, so I need to spend some time with him before he goes. I'll post a pic and a report. You really can't go wrong with any .22; I have a Mossberg 42M-C I've had since I was kid that was my grandfather's and still enjoy taking it out!

Mike

· Registered
20,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
griz, read the otherpost and have had no answers to the original ques. maybe am asking dumb already been asked ques and no one wants to respond, but am new to this model and am looking for some real up-to-date info.

thanks all.

· Registered
214 Posts
Just Read Your Post And Saw That You Only Had One Reply.i Do Not Have A Whole Lot Of Experince With Gleenfields But The One I Had And Sold Did Have A Barrel Band. As Far As I Could Tell From Feild Striping It For A Good Cleaning Job Was That The Barrel Band Holds The Stock Tight To The Bbl. You Could Try And Shoot It With Out It On There But If Is On There Its There For A Reason.good Or Not Marlin Manufactured That Way. As For Accucary Its A Shoot Every Ammo Company Avavilable With In Reason And See What It Likes Best. It Is A Carbine So Dont Expect A 10 Shot One Hole Group But Beign A Marlin It Should Have Some Inhernt Accucary To It. Hope That This A Little Help Like I Said I Dont Know Much About Them. The One I Had I Owned For Two Weeks And Sold To A Friend For A First Rifle. Me I Own A Marlin Mod60 And A 882ssv And A Win. 9422 I Really Didnt Need Another.

· Registered
20,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks MARINE for the info. want a carbine cuz the bbl is shorter, and will be using it as a truck gun andwanted something light and quick where i wont be struggling to get it out of the cab in a hurry if need be. yea figured the band has to be to help the bbl to the stock, but was just wondering.

thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.