Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My MARLIN 81TS GROUP. I'm IMPRESSED!

744 7
Hello All,

After a MONTH of non-stop rain, we finally had a wonderfully beautiful day here in Southern Oregon. Sunny, Blue skies and about 75 degrees.

The other night I installed a 3x9-32 Tasco scope on my bone stock Marlin Model 81 TS .22 bolt gun in anticipation of a nice shooting day.

Well today was the day. After zeroing the scope as best I could, I fired THIS one and one eighth inch group at 50 yards.

This was the best group I got today, although my others were almost as good.

Get this, this rifle LOVES the normally crappy Remington Golden bullets! I am amazed at the kind of accuracy I got today using that bulk pack stuff!

I was also obliterating dirt clods at the 50 yard mark, and beyond. I can't do that with my 'Evil Empire Special' 10/22 that I have done some minor mods to, and scoped!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
452 shooter said:
Nice to have a rifle that likes the bulk pack ammo! Pretty good shooting! :t
Thanks for the compliment 452Shooter.

Come on all you others, give me some encouragement. I know this is not the type of accuracy that many of you expect our of your guns, but throw me a bone here!

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Conman said:
What are those two strays doing? Running away???

Good grouping!!

Isn't this weather nice - it has been raining for months................
And, you folks in Oregon have had it even worse!
I think the bullets from the larger group were running away from the two strays!

I am loving this Summer weather. I got so tired of the cold and the rain. It rained non stop for over a month here. We need the water, but WOW we got hit hard.

I am happy that the Summer weather is here. That means MORE time at the range!

Thanks for the compliments. I am working on my groups. It is so much fun to try to get them smaller and smaller.

Good Shooting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.