Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My LVTs

3060 80
Building a Roger LVT. Lol, barrel will be here tomorrow. Will do a trigger job. Other parts were all ready in stock. Brownells reciever, Ruger oem trigger , brownells nitride bolt, Ruger charging handle. Ruger walnut stock. Going to fit the tapered barrel. Scope ? Don’t know yet. I have never opened the channel for a heavy taper. Done a few .950 bulls.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I picked up my LVT last week - considered just the barrel first but I figured I may as well get the rife for another ~$80.
Took it apart and the stock has a ”pressure bump” at the end of the forend, like Ruger T, or B&C stocks.
The barrel was very slightly off to the left side, but had it it not been for that, it may have possibly been free-floated.
It won’t take much to sand it to where it is, if I use this stock, because I have a Ruger T stock and a B&C Varmint stock available as well.
Removed the extractor and the bolt recess was just a hair over .043” - very impressive, I measured some high-dollar aftermarket bolts recently and got .045-6.
The barrel is blued “old school Ruger”, kinda like “old school CZ“😉
The paint in the holes is thick on this receiver - never had to work this hard to drive out the pins to install the KIDD.
I also haven’t fully decided on the scope but it’ll likely be Bushnell Engage 4-24.

Continued good luck with your build Currahee - here’s to our rifles shooting like Gerald’s LVT(y):cool:

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Thanks for posting all those pics - next time I’m sanding I’m definitely using a socket not gluing the sand paper to a dowel 😂😂🤦🏼‍♂️
Hey - is One Shot contributing to the mission? If so how? Or is it just there?
Thanks!

Btw. - the inletting on that stock is 100% innit? Super smooth, particularly compared to Boyds, but also B&C.
Also, I tried to squeeze a feeler gauge between top of the ledge and the bottom of the receiver and I couldn’t (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Guys there's a tool for opening up those barrel channels and its a WHOLE LOT faster than a dowel and sand paper but takes a bit of learning....

Agreed - much faster, and also agreed that if you get carried away by its effectiveness your channel may end up off-center, ask me how I know 🤦‍♂️
Thankfully I semi-ruined only a garden variety sporter stock, there plenty more in the way left, so no real harm done;)

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for posting all those pics - next time I’m sanding I’m definitely using a socket not gluing the sand paper to a dowel 😂😂🤦🏼‍♂️
Hey - is One Shot contributing to the mission? If so how? Or is it just there?
Thanks!

Btw. - the inletting on that stock is 100% innit? Super smooth, particularly compared to Boyds, but also B&C.
Also, I tried to squeeze a feeler gauge between top of the ledge and the bottom of the receiver and I couldn’t (y) (y)
one-shot is just on my table. Only used 2 sockets and sandpaper. Went slow and checked it often. After it was finished, I used boiled linseed oil.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed - much faster, and also agreed that if you get carried away by its effectiveness your channel may end up off-center, ask me how I know 🤦‍♂️
Thankfully I semi-ruined only a garden variety sporter stock, there plenty more in the way left, so no real harm done;)
I looked at a scrapper, but my confidence level isn’t there yet. I did get the urge to use something to make it faster, just didn’t want to screw up. Lol
first time doing a taper stock.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts