Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new (but all metal) Wallyworld 10/22 transformed a little into a Liberty Training Rifle. I added Tech-Sights, a recoil buffer, extended mag release, some QD swivels on an old but refinished stock and a of course a shooting sling.

I haven't had a chance to try it out with the new sights yet, and It's snowing like heck in Denver right now. I think I'll take it to the indoor range in the morning to get her sighted in. Then I'll just need a little glove oil on the sling and I'm ready for the Appleseed shoot this weekend!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice, the hand guard might complete the look, and yea it stincks about this weather, I live in Montrose, the weather is a little better here but its still been holding up my outdoor shooting.:mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Handguard hu... I'll have to look into that. I thought about maybe making something out of wood, using part of a spare stock.

I guess I spoke to soon about the rifle being finished, (it may never be finished!) plus USPS just delivered my "flash hider" http://www.tacticalinc.com/1022-flash-hider-blued-steel-p-512.html

It looks pretty good on the gun but I can't take a decent pic until the sun comes up.

EDIT: at least the weather is good medicin for the wildfires. BTW Brandon, Montrose isn't too far from Canon City, why don't you come out to the Appleseed one or both days this weekend? http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1712.0

·
Registered
106 Posts
Disregard the metal handguard, your wood seems like it would work, and look a lot better. I realy wish I could come, but huh I'm 15 and Conon city is, I believe aprox. 5-6 hours away, wish I could talk my dad into going though. maybe if there was one in GrandJunction I would come though

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good looking rifle. Looks like you have covered most of the needed work on it. It should make a good rifle for a Rimfire Carbine Course.
Which sight did you get?
My stepson has a TR100 on order for his 2-Gun Course rifle build project.

Bob

·
Registered
672 Posts
Very very cool! The TR100 sights are the way to go. I put TR200 on mine for Appleseed and they aren't easy to adjust (rear elevation) and they don't quite come down to 25 yards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.