Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took some time tonight to line them all up and snap a few pics. I finished my charger build this evening, put the red dot on and sighted it in. Shoots way better than expected with the crummy brownells receiver.
From left to right:

1) 10/22 “charger” with brownells receiver.
volquartsen firefly bolt, 12” carbon barrel,
Pmaca chassis, hogue grip, unknown aluminum pistol blade, crimson trace red dot. Dedicated cci quiet shooter
2) synthetic 10/22, front cut off, carbon 16.5” barrel, volquartson firefly bolt, bushnell illuminated rimfire scope, laser built into the stock with pressure pad in fore grip. Dedicated cci quiet gun
3)3d printed receiver, carbon barrel, worked stock bolt, Simmons .22 mag scope, quick release thumbscrew on stock, stainless extended charge handle, factory synthetic stock, front cut off
4) 3d printed receiver, green carbon fiber barrel, worked bolt, quick release screw, barska scope, factory stock front cut off
5) magpul x22 stock, carbon barrel, polished chamber and radiused chamber edge, modified bolt with modified firing pin, burris scope, 1200 Lumen light, aluminum charge handle, bx trigger. This is my favorite. And I bought this gun (well the receiver lol) around my 18th birthday
6) Boyds AT-one stock, carbon barrel (of course) folding bipod, burris scope, jeweled and modified bolt and modified firing pin, bx trigger
7) 3d printed receiver, factory synthetic stock, factory threaded stainless barrel, Fuji scope (oddly super clear and very large view….wish I had a couple more!) stainless bolt

Gas Machine Automotive tire Musical instrument City

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. I think after three more I’ll be done. I have three more unused stocks, so they need to be filled. A factory wood one which is being sent to lbjennings for some custom love, a kid sized (bought by accident) hogue over molded, and a custom target stock from lbjennings.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your collection looks a bit like mine...in that we both seem to pick a couple components we like, and build multiple riles using those components
Yea, I seem to have good luck with stock bolts and barrels. I do some detail work to them and they run pretty flawlessly. The cci quiet guns not so much. I’ll have a failure to eject every few mags. Unless I just cleaned and lubed then gun. Cci quiet gets it dirty pretty quickly because I think my recoil spring might be too light and the bolt is opening too soon.
I really like the magpul stock and I was thinking about getting a tan one.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, really nice!!!..
Thanks! Looking at some other peoples rifles, mine lacks any high end parts tho. But they get the job done. I have two of them (the at-one and magpul) that run like a well oiled sewing machine. Neither of them ever jam. And shoot some really tight groups. The others ones I do t really put much time into them. Well maybe the chassis gun. That shoots quiets and is a hoot to shoot. I run through a box in a very short time using 25rd mags. For some reason, shooting 20 rounds out my sig p322 seems like alot of rounds, but out the rifle only feels like 10-12 rounds lol.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I can shoot ammo way faster than I can make the money to buy it.....
So I use factory 10rd magazines. Pretty much load em one at a time as I go, too.

Reactions: Kfxguy

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I took some time tonight to line them all up and snap a few pics. I finished my charger build this evening, put the red dot on and sighted it in. Shoots way better than expected with the crummy brownells receiver.
From left to right:

1) 10/22 “charger” with brownells receiver.
volquartsen firefly bolt, 12” carbon barrel,
Pmaca chassis, hogue grip, unknown aluminum pistol blade, crimson trace red dot. Dedicated cci quiet shooter
2) synthetic 10/22, front cut off, carbon 16.5” barrel, volquartson firefly bolt, bushnell illuminated rimfire scope, laser built into the stock with pressure pad in fore grip. Dedicated cci quiet gun
3)3d printed receiver, carbon barrel, worked stock bolt, Simmons .22 mag scope, quick release thumbscrew on stock, stainless extended charge handle, factory synthetic stock, front cut off
4) 3d printed receiver, green carbon fiber barrel, worked bolt, quick release screw, barska scope, factory stock front cut off
5) magpul x22 stock, carbon barrel, polished chamber and radiused chamber edge, modified bolt with modified firing pin, burris scope, 1200 Lumen light, aluminum charge handle, bx trigger. This is my favorite. And I bought this gun (well the receiver lol) around my 18th birthday
6) Boyds AT-one stock, carbon barrel (of course) folding bipod, burris scope, jeweled and modified bolt and modified firing pin, bx trigger
7) 3d printed receiver, factory synthetic stock, factory threaded stainless barrel, Fuji scope (oddly super clear and very large view….wish I had a couple more!) stainless bolt

View attachment 320906
NOW CUT THAT OUT! 😍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts