Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I stripped the paint off and then changed my mind (I really need to quit doing this :mad: ) so, last weekend it the rifle went down the road to a guy that has a powder coating shop, here's the results. This all came from the for sale forum, Hogue stock, 10/22 reciever, 10/22 trigger group with VQ hammer, GM fluted barrel. This guy does a great job, I'm going to start sending him everything. The paint is indestructible :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Look'in good, lets see some little small groups once you break it in.
I'm stuck here with my 10/22 and no good ammo to shoot. I'm waiting for the UPS man to deliver it anyday. I guess I can shoot some Winchester wildcat 22 shells and pretend there Midas L or Eley EPS Tenex. HAHAHA . That junk ammo makes my 10/22 look like I just shot some #1 buckshot out of a shotgun for grouping, it scatters it so bad.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What exactly?

Dude said:
...did you have powdercoated? I assume the receiver but what else?

What scope do you have mounted?
the reciever, barrel and trigger group was all powdercoated.

Rockyriver - I've shot this a bunch, it was shooting fantastic groups prior to my powdercoating of it. I'm hoping to maybe get out the beginning of next week and try it out again and see what it will do. I've also done a couple more trigger mods last night.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A-Rob said:
If you don't mind my asking, what did he charge?
charges me 30 bucks and does in a couple of days, this is the second one I've taken to him and he gets them back to me in 2-3 days.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
The suspense is killin me! Did you paint that square stock on the rest with Rustoleum Metallic or was it sprayed with a gun and auto paint?

Love that Ruger! Something tells me it's gonna double as a squirrel wacker :p

:) :t

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didn't use rustoleum :( it must've been whatever walmart sells for auto paint. I honestly don't remember.. :D

can't whack no squirrels with it, unless I use it as a club, IL says only shotguns to hunt with :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.