Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for this CZ 550 FS 6.5x55 since December when I ordered it. Not a very easy caliber to get a hold of these days it seems. From what I have read it is because the 6.5x55 is also very popular in Europe so they are hard to come by.

I didn't win the wood lottery on this rifle but I am quite pleased that she is finally home in my safe where she belongs. Looking forward to getting the Zeiss Conquest mounted as soon as my Burris rings get here on Friday. :D

· Registered
928 Posts
Congrats. I do like the lines on the FS stocks. I'm sure she'll be a good shooter, I hope she's a great shooter for you.

What Conquest scope did you get for her? After being aware of Zeiss camera lenses for decades I bought my first Zeiss rifle scope. I don't know why I waited so long. Please send a photo with her scoped when you get a chance.

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. I do like the lines on the FS stocks. I'm sure she'll be a good shooter, I hope she's a great shooter for you.

What Conquest scope did you get for her? Please send a photo with her scoped when you get a chance.
I got the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 w/ Z-Plex reticle. I'll mount it as soon as my rings get here. They were supposed to be on todays order but I guess it's looking more like Friday. :(

· Registered
928 Posts
I just got the 3.5-10x44 with rapid Z reticle. I haven't shot her yet but I'm very pleased with the optics and build on my rifle. The glass has very good resolution and the eye box is very large. Zeiss knows there stuff and so does CZ.

I was surprised at how good the price point is on the Conquest scopes.

Enjoy

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
Congrats, Siafu! That is one fine rifle and a great scope -- easy to shoot and a caliber that can take antilope to moose! :bthumb:

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice! :bthumb: I'm growing quite fond of my 6.5 Swede. I think it is one of those "just right" things... not too little, not too much.
I am looking forward to shooting it. I am pretty convinced I made the right choice in brand, styling, caliber & optics this time. My primary purpose for this rifle will be whitetail deer but because of the versatility of the 6.5x55 I am going to do some varmint work with it too this summer to see how it goes.

I was really surprised how long it took my FFL to get one in this caliber. I could of had pretty much any of the other 550FS calibers I wanted within a week. I had been waiting on this one since December. :eek: I guess some things are worth the wait...or at least that's what I keep telling my girlfriend every time the subject of marriage pops up. :rolleyes:

· Gypsy Hermit
24,737 Posts
My primary purpose for this rifle will be whitetail deer ...
I know Timberbeast has used his on whitetail. I used a load recommended by him on a mule deer this year... at 315 yards. Stumbled down slope about 20 yards and collapsed, dead by the time I got to him after walking straight there. I'm sure with the right bullet selection it will work well on varmints too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.