Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My girlfriend's SS

513 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mals9
A while back I bought a rifle for my girlfriend so she could shoot with me. It's a Marlin model 49, basically a 60 with a 2 piece stock. Today I added A marbles rear peep sight, a pretty good upgrade for $17. The only thing I don't like about the sight is the elevation adjustment hits the reciever, so I have to figure something out there.

I really like this rifle, it balances well off hand, has a decent stock trigger that is a perfect hunting trigger, and the stock is real walnut. I think I will be using this for my squirrel hunting.:D After I see how it shoots I think I might try putting a piece of inner tube where the forearm bolts on. Anyone got any ideas for increasing the accuracy of this rifle, If it needs it?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

34,874 Posts
Normal Stuff

Pressure pad moved around.

Test different ammo.

Test different torque values.

How come YOU are hunting with it if it is your "girlfriend's"????:rolleyes:;):D:D:bthumb:

· Registered
3,332 Posts
You might want to try some trigger mods to get the pull down to 3 lbs. or so. I polished the contact points and added a set screw to the "P" on the trigger to take up the pre-travel. I also swapped out the trigger return spring with a floppy disk spring. My trigger feels great now.

Mals

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I haven't measured the pull weight, but it has as good as weight as my 60 I reworked. I don't know if the previous owner worked on it or not, but the hammer spring is different than the one in my 60. the over travel screw would help though, it has quite a bit. Do you have 49?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.