Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO TO ALL,
I JUST BOUGHT A SPORT KING, DEALER SAID IT WAS 95% CONDITION WITH LIGHT BLUING LOSS ON THE HIGH EDGES, I AGREE,IT LOOKS GOOD ! SERIAL # 405468- 1951 BIRTH DATE? DEALER ACQUIRED FROM AN ESTATE SALE,SO I HAVE VERY LITTLE HISTORY,SEEMS WELL KEPT WITH ORIGINAL MAG. IS THERE A MODEL NUMBER FOR THIS GUN? I NEED TO GET A DRIVING SPRING & IT SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE DIFFERENT SPORT KING SPRINGS ,ALSO,I PAID 300 FOR THE GUN, SEEM FAIR?
THANKS
BOB
PS;THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO JOIN!:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bob, on today's market that's a good deal you got. Here are a few sources for the spring you need. Brownell's, Wolf, or Numrich. I just purchased a real nice Mod 101 that came with two barrels, an Ultra Dot red dot scope, three magazines, HS walnut target grips, and a real nice aluminum pistol box. Got it for 800 out the door which included tax, all the state fees and etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have also just purchased my first High Standard. I've herd very good feedback on the pistols and found a pristine example of a rifle. My problem is I can't seem to find any information on this exact model. It looks like a Sport King as it is a tube fed 22lr semiautomatic with gills. There is no serial number and it is marked Apache 422. I have an FFL-03 and know that without a s/n it's a pre 1968 model. The pawn shop that was selling it couldn't find any information as well. The owner of the place thought the rifle was in to good condition and did not want to accept my FFL-03. I ended up buying it anyways as the firearms manager discounted it so much that I couldn't let it go. If anyone can help me with the history of my Apache 422 I would truly appreciate your efforts .

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Supermatic Citation

Would really love to get my hands on another Supermatic Citation as I had to sell mine when I was transferred to Germany for three years and didn't have a place to store it properly along with a number of other firearms.

Any ideas were one could find a great condition model at a reasonable price in Northern Colorado? Been looking all over and no joy, won't pay insane prices on Gun Broker... TIA

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rare

Seems like I'd stumble across a used HS once in a while at a local gun show but lately they've become as scarce as a Colt Woodsman, and their prices are reflecting that. Even the entry level Duramatics are getting hard to find for the non-collector who just wants a range pinker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts