Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've shot a few boxes of my buddy's.....that he was kind enough to give me. Of course, I gave him a few boxes of old Lapua Multi Match before I found out it was to be treasured. :rolleyes:

I'm not buying the Wolf for matches, but to use in my 200 yard prone practice, to hone my mat and trigger skills for the 600 yard NRA Long Range matches, where I shoot my Lilja barreled 243 Ackley Improved. When you are laying on your belly and holding the rifle in your hands, a 600 yard, 1/4 minute rifle/ammo combination is not required.

But this cheap Wolf MT does incredibly well in my Anschutz 64 MPR, almost as good as the old Lapua Multi Match. And at least as good as the Federal Gold Medal Ultra. $1.76 a box beats the pants off of $10 a box, when the groups are too close to call a difference.

I'll let you know how this lot shoots, as soon as I get it and take it to the range.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Recently got a couple bricks of Wolf MT myself, the stuff does work pretty darn good. Several have tested em against higher priced match ammo and have found little difference and in some cases better results. Good shooting!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got it on order at Midway, http://Midwayusa.com. The retail price is about $190/case. My little C&R license qualifies me to have a dealer account there and the dealer price is $176/case.

Now for the bad news, it got delayed again. It was supposed to arrive there 6/14; on checking the website yesterday, I see they have pushed it back to 8/10.

The reason I love the Wolf MT is because it is so accurate and cheap. Yes, it's made in the SK plant and is the equal of SK Match. But SK costs more. I'll have to round up a few bricks of the SK or Eley to hold me over with practice ammo until the Wolf gets here.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a good deal

$40 a brick (500 rounds) equates to $400 a case of 5000. They probably discount case lots by 10% over box prices, but even still. Midway sells a case of Wolf MT for $176 and Dirt wants $400? I guess when you are gouging folks that hard, you can afford to sell both at the same price. If you get any sales, that is. :D

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
CTD is NOT the place to buy Wolf rimfire ammo. I paid 225.00 for a case a while back from Championshooters--they are great people to deal with. Natchez also has it I think--J&G Sales had Wolf a few weeks back. The SK Standard Plus is just as good or better in my opinion. At least in my rifles, it shoots better groups at 50 yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.