Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also any thing yall know about that may help me increase accuracy and consistency is welcomed also wieght is no problem so any thing that is not terribly pricey lets keep it under $100 because money is a prob right now but any liltrick or part that will yield an increase in the gun worthy of the price plz tell me

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice gun! You could add a VQ hammer, Weaponcraft bolt buffer, do the auto bolt release mod and make an extended mag release using the stock bolt buffer. All of this can be done for less than $50 and gives you a trigger pull of ~2.5 lbs. and a smoother functioning gun with the bolt buffer. The other mods are more for convenience, but IMO improve the overall handling/functioning of the 10/22. Look at the site's sponsers and the Tips and Tricks section for the how-to. Be sure and let us know how that gun shoots.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i took it and shot it with cheapo ammo and at 25 yrds i had 5 shot groups bout thesize of a dime but at 50 it got were i had 1-2 fliers in each group im pretty sure it wasnt me cuz i was shootin my 17 hmr at 100 yrds and gettin 1/4 inch groups i believe its the ammo its jus bulk cheapo i need to get some match ammo and try her out

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Send your bolt to Randy at CPC. That will help eliminate fliers. ($50)
Defenately get a bolt buffer. I recommend weaponkraft (approx $6)
Send your trigger assembly to TTShooter. ($80) Or take the cheap route and get a adjustable hammer from skeeter27red (approx $25 but you don't get all the little extras)

Trigger work, bolt work and a bolt buffer are considered necessities when building an ultimate. Much more important than a pretty stock.

Looks great though, keep it up, as you can afford to.

swampf0x

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
"im shootin for never before seen accuracy"

Trigger work and bolt buffer first.
Then send barreled action to CPC for a barrel setback, backbored barrel, and reworked bolt.
Finally pillar and glass bed the action and as much of the barrel as possible in the cuda stock.

Even with all of that, your groups will only improve slightly.

VERY good shooting as is.

swampf0x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
took it apart this mournin and tinkerd around in it tightend some stuff up moved some stuf round an put a lil styrofoam in some of the placed were the action wasnt seated tighlty in the stock and got pretty good results when i tightend it down id say i gained 2/16ths of and inch on my groups ill have to get pics up soon of the new groups

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.