Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been visiting this site for about a year and thought i would introduce myself with a few pics of my 1/2 scale model 1917 water cooled and 1/2 scale air cooled Brownings, useing the Ruger 10/22 as a donor gun for the modified receiver and barrel. Both were made useing CCS Blueprints for the construction. Both are semi-automatic and use the Ruger mag to feed, the belt feed is for visual effects only and does not function, otherwise fully functional. I hope that i am posting this in the correct forum and these pics do not overstep the boundries of this BBS, if not, i hope you enjoy. By the way, i have really enjoyed reading this board and learning from the vast supply of knowledge that's out there. So here they are:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Welcome to RFC

Now those are true works of art. You must have the patience of Job and a high skill level.
As for violating any rules here; You plainly stated these are both "semi-automatic". I, in no way, am any voice of authority here, (but they do let me visit) but it seems you should be okay.

Nice Work. Welcome to RFC :Welcome:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wow!!!

That is some amazing craftsmanship Cecil, beautiful job! Bet they draw some attention at the range huh? Any plans to do a WW2 multiple .50 BMG? (quad)

Congratulations on a nice job and welcome!

Dennis

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dennis: no plans for the Quad 50, but, i am awaiting a set of plans for the Ma Deuce (M2) so hope to get started within this year. I still have to finish my Gatling Gun (.22 also), am currently about 90% finished. Still have to cut extractors, make cam, and a few other cosmetic touches. Too many projects too little time, same old story. The more i think about what you said, quad 50, Hmmmmmmm........... food for thought! Thanks for all the kind remarks guys, they are appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Markbo: the extended bolt handle is easy to make, mill off the finger lug, drill & tap 8-32, use shoulder HHCS to hold the charge handle. I made one from brass (water cooled) and one from Alum. (air cooled). Stainless would be just as easy. I just had the brass and alum. round stock on hand.

Riggins: below is a pic of my Gatling Gun made from a set of D&E prints. As stated previously, about 90% complete, still have to make the cam, cut the extractors on the bolts, and a few other cosmetics. Barrels are Marlin 22 shortened, turned down, hexed one end, tuned and threaded 3/8-24 other end to screw into carrier. The pic is on my workbench with the 1917 Water Cooled Browning before it was completed. I hope this will allow you visualize the scale, Gatling Gun is 1/3 scale

almost forgot, the Gatling in chambered in 22 short.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Those are fantastic! Being a full sized 1919 owner I have been contemplating a Tippmann belt fed but price is a bit overwhelming due to their C&R status. You have outdone yourself with the 10/22 internals! Any chance of getting a set of plans for the Brownings? You can email me at [email protected]

It was suggested to me to use a 1919 parts kit as the base for a 10/22 project but I love your half scale ones so much more.

Please keep us posted on the gatling as well. I have been thinking of starting one of those myself and was wondering how difficult a project it truly is.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

·
Registered
719 Posts
Cecil Walker, thanks for posting the gatling gun picture. It is excellent! I can not believe the detail that you have put into all three of these. All I can say is you must be an extremely patient and talented individual. Are you a machinist by trade? Do you have a machine shop set up in your home? I would really like to get a mill and medium sized lathe before I retire.

riggins

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.