Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

my Bergara BMR Carbon

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  PWNolan 
#1 · (Edited)
picked up this used BMR..in 22lr
last owner put cheek riser alittle to far back on stock and drilled wholes a little low for max height...
i added Sig Sauer Buckmaster scope...not sure i'll need the 30moa mount... any one find a 0moa one out there?
didn't like all the movement in forend of stock and barrel.. so added a little pressure pad right above the front sling attachment to stop that when using bipod. hopefully i'll get chance next week to shoot her..

See less See more
#4 ·
EGW makes a 0moa mount. As far the holes in wrong place, they can give filled in with colored epoxy to match and then take some expansion foam and fill the hollow section in butt stock. Makes it feel like it's fiberglass. You will like your BMR as it's been a great fun lightweight rifle. I am getting to night hunting with mine tonight and this weekend.

#5 ·
...didn't like all the movement in forend of stock and barrel.. View attachment 395970
This is a head scratcher. What movement? I've only shot mine from a bipod. I've never experienced any movement that I recall. Your comment intrigued me. So I just set my rifle up (bipod and rear rest) on my kitchen counter facing out the back door. I can't induce any movement. I don't typically hold my rifle very tight when shooting but I held the grip and forend and pulled down. No movement that I can see through the scope. Are you sure your action screws were tight?

#6 · (Edited)
i can squeeze the barrel and stock together and there movement... so when shooting i would think there would be movement during each shot.. maybe i am wrong. i'll see. free float barrels seem to work better when the stocks strong enough (like a chassis) to stop any movement.. so i added a small pressure pad in stock right above the sling mount

#7 ·
i can squeeze the barrel and stock together and there movement... so when shooting i would think there would be movement during each shot.. maybe i am wrong. i'll see. free float barrels seem to work better when the stocks strong enough (like a chassis) to stop any movement.. so i added a small pressure pad in stock right above the sling mount
Ahh ok. That's a non-issue. I can do that with any of my rifles, even the ones with wood stocks and the ones that are in chassis. My BR gun has a rigid stock, big action, and heavy barrel. I can squeeze that one more than most of my sporters. Yet it shoots way better than anything else I have. You didn't hurt anything by adding the filler but it was unnecessary

#13 · (Edited)
not sure if you can just in ALL cases? say (NO) flex at stock/barrel doesn't effect accuracy... i had a CMP 40x 22lr and it had two round pads.
BUT i am heading to range later today and i have REMOVED my tiny pressure pads at end of stock/barrel..
i will post target pics later tonight
thnx.
found 0-moa rail. Bergara 0 MOA Picatinny-Style Scope Base BMR Aluminum Matte Black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.