Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd share some pics of my two CZ452 Americans. The one with a bipod and sling is a .17 HM2 and was purchased new last winter. Serial #A045xxx. Simmons 44 Mag 6.5-20X44 AO scope w/ 1/8MOA target turrets on BKL 257 rings, Shooter's Ridge Harris-knock-off bipod, Uncle Mike's 1-1/4" military-style sling with Uncle Mike's QD swivels.
The other gun is a .22LR that I just recently purchased used. Serial #701xxx, so considerably older than the first. Another Simmons 44 Mag scope, this one with 1/4 MOA turrets and mil-dot reticle, mounted on Millet High Angle-Loc rings that came with the gun. About 0.1" shorter than the BKL rings and just tall enough for the objective to clear the barrel. (Be very careful when comparing catalog data for rings - not everyone measures between the same points.) The gun was pretty grungy in the action when I got it, but my 17-year-old son gave it a thorough cleaning and lube job, and we floated the barrel. Being used, I was a bit nervous about how well this one was going to shoot, but after a somewhat hurried running-out-of-daylight session at the range yesterday, I think it will be fine. Target shown is 50 yds benchrest with Remington subsonics. I suspect it will do better with a) better light, b) no rush, and c) its TBD favorite ammo. The wood on this gun is not as nice as on the HM2, and there is some wear on the bluing at the muzzle, plus a funny dark spot on the stock to the right of the ejection port, so I probably should have spent the extra $ and got a new one instead, but I was feeling cheap at the time (which is most of the time!).

Both guns have benefitted from lighter trigger springs from Brookies kit, but I haven't done the tubular creep-reduction job on them yet. The .22LR has almost a two-stage military trigger feel to it: some definite but low force take-up, then a crisp break. Easy to get used to. The HM2 isn't as nice, so need to work on it.

Another CZ in the family, and our first, is my son's Trainer. Got it Spring '04, and it's a great shooting gun. Lucked out with nice figure in the beechwood stock, and has Fuzzy Limey's tape job on the trigger/sear, plus a Brookie trigger spring and ghost ring, and a 1" military-style leather sling. Trigger is super crisp and the bolt cycles like silk after a couple hundred rounds break-in. It has eliminated a fair number of rabbits and ground squirrels in our garden. :D

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Very nice looking "pair".....of cz's.
My Am like the SK Subsonics...Tried the Remingtons shot them good but way too many fliers and man is that some dirty fouling powder they use.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
recumbent said:
Very nice looking "pair".....of cz's.
My Am like the SK Subsonics...Tried the Remingtons shot them good but way too many fliers and man is that some dirty fouling powder they use.
Gotta agree with you on the dirty part. I bought some boxes of Aquila subonics, Wolf Match Target, and Federal Match Target, all of which are going to get tried out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oi!!! That's my rifle up there buddy!

No kidding, that is nearly identical to my set up. If that was sitting at the range I would probably pick it up and start shooting it or walk off thinking it's mine.

Nice one.

Cheers, Shandy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shandy said:
Oi!!! That's my rifle up there buddy!

No kidding, that is nearly identical to my set up. If that was sitting at the range I would probably pick it up and start shooting it or walk off thinking it's mine.
Yeah, I figured they weren't unique at all, but since they are my new "babies", I couldn't resist showing them off. :) And I've never seen anyone on this forum complain about having to look at another CZ! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agreed Jim. But you do see some people post pics of some unique ones with beautiful woodwork though, unfortunately my wood is neat but relatively plain.

But no really, that is so close to my rifle it's not funny. I have the 44mag on medium sportsmatch rings but other than that it looks pretty much the same. Spooky that I'm not alone.

I can't complain with how mine shoots, it's great. Lapua Super Club and Sk Magazine (bulk tube pack) seem to be the best in mine but I haven't tried any dear match ammo yet. Shot 99.3/100 @50M last night, blew the 10th shot and shot a 9. Wish I could blame the equipment but unfortunatelty it was all me. Should have sat that rifle down and had a good 2 min rest before shooting that 10th shot-the heart was pounding. Next time.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.