Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of the diehard CZ owners don't care much for the 513 due to the trigger, which I agree is not the best, but it is still a good shooting little gun. I put a Bushnell 3-9 x 32mm scope on it and is shoots great. I have included a picture of my trip to the range yesterday, this is at 50 yards and I was not really working for a group (but it groups nicely as well). The whole in the 7 ring was me fooling around, I don't have bags so my consistency suffers a little from that too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
22_plinker said:
I know most of the diehard CZ owners don't care much for the 513 due to the trigger, which I agree is not the best, but it is still a good shooting little gun. I put a Bushnell 3-9 x 32mm scope on it and is shoots great. I have included a picture of my trip to the range yesterday, this is at 50 yards and I was not really working for a group (but it groups nicely as well). The whole in the 7 ring was me fooling around, I don't have bags so my consistency suffers a little from that too.
This looks great -- and what's most imporatant is that you are having fun -- and you are getting out and shooting your rifle. Never apologize for having something - even if someone has something you or they feel is better. Enjoy your rifle ... and keep at it. You have every reason to be happy -- maybe later - some day -you will want something else.... but for now - enjoy it! you and it shoots well together...

regards
Mark

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hey, Plink, are you shooting offhand?
If so, that ain't bad jack! :D
Someone here called that shooting "standing on your hind legs like a tool-using human". ;)
Bet you're in the 10-ring by the end of the Summer. :t
-S

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Chunckchucker:

I have had one now for a couple of months. The comb is a little higher than the Lux/Trainer/Special group and the rear sight is quite expendable. I just knocked it out of its dovetail and mounted a Weaver 2.5-7 rimfire scope in low/medium height rings. It is now a pretty comfortable scope rifle.

It employs the two action screws like the American. My barrel came free floated and I can run an index card from the forend tip to the receiver unimpeded. I have shot some unbelievable 50 yard groups with mine. I think it may be the most accurate of my four CZs (513, Special, FS, and American) but it is handicapped by the "Moisin Nagant" (quoting WinKimper) like trigger.

When shooting groups or a USBR target I have had success by warming up with about 20 rounds to get a feel for the funky trigger. Then I am good for about another thirty rounds until I hit a point of physical and mental exhaustion with the trigger.

Another indicator that the quality control must have really been high the day they made mine is indicated by the feeding and ejection of this rifle. It is the snappiest of the bunch. No left or up ejection. Just every round in unscathed and every empty case out cleanly to the right. You could flip all the empties in a two gallon bucket if you placed it in the right spot.

Later, Danny.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That would be some pretty...

Spike52 said:
Hey, Plink, are you shooting offhand?
If so, that ain't bad jack! :D
Someone here called that shooting "standing on your hind legs like a tool-using human". ;)
Bet you're in the 10-ring by the end of the Summer. :t
-S
**** good offhand shooting. I fancy myself as being a pretty good offhand shooter, but that group would be a little too tight for me.

I think he did it rested. If not, 22 Plinker has a ton of respect from me.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hey thats good shooting, and it sounds to me like your shooting supported at a bench with your arms and no bags. I looked at them in the store, and they seem pretty decent, where i look they have everything trigger locked out on the floor and chained to a rack, so i can't play with the trigger (which is smart). They would make a good hunting gun as they are shooter and a bit on the handier side for hunting. I dont expect the trainers to be a consistently offered product at the current price, and the basic to replace it in that price range.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chunckchucker said:
Does the 513 have the same action screw setup as the Lux/special/trainer version? Does it have one action screw and a barrel lug, or two action screws? Nice shooting.

Chunckchucker
I am still too much of novice to answher this one. Maybe someone with a little more experiance can answer it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sharkman8810 said:
Hey thats good shooting, and it sounds to me like your shooting supported at a bench with your arms and no bags. I looked at them in the store, and they seem pretty decent, where i look they have everything trigger locked out on the floor and chained to a rack, so i can't play with the trigger (which is smart). They would make a good hunting gun as they are shooter and a bit on the handier side for hunting. I dont expect the trainers to be a consistently offered product at the current price, and the basic to replace it in that price range.
Yes that is how I was shooting. My buddy offered be his bags but I figured I would not have them during hunting season....LOL... :D

·
X-Mod
19,393 Posts
Hello all,

I purchased a CZ 513 for my nephew. The rifle only has 1 lug which is on the action, there is not a second lug on the receiver or the barrel. The CZ 452 Scout is the same way, which I also have for my younger nephews.

On another subject, the 513 trigger is pretty rough and about 6 to 7 lbs. I filed a very little amount off the edge of the sear, gave it a good polishing, and got it down to around 3 lbs on the Lyman scale. I still like the feel of the 452 triggers better, but it feels 100% better than before. I bagged it today and shot 4 (5 round) groups using a 4x scope with Wolf MT at 50 yds, 2 of them just under 1/2 inch , one just over a 1/2 inch, and another just over an inch, but that was my fault. Not bad for the 513 with a little work.

Happy shooting,
Jay

·
Registered
872 Posts
I bought mine for my nephew to use but he likes an old Glenfield single shot and a Marlin 80 with peeps better. So I decided to tinker with it. I redid the stock (didn't like the factory finish) and redid the grip to fit my left hand. I polished and shimmed the trigger and is pretty decent now. Not the best but passable. Here's a group at 30 yards with a front rest only using PMC moderators. I can tell you, it is pretty consistently shooting these groups.

click to enlarge

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.