Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I snuck out to the range between rain showers this afternoon and after testing some ammo in my 77-22 shot a target for record...my first one! It could certainly be better but it was fun and not all that bad either considering the gun I'm using. My 10-22 is out of commission for the moment, anxiously waiting for my bolt to return from Randy. The 77-22 had been free floated and the trigger worked on...nothing else...so it's about a stock gun. I shot a 227 - 4x with federal classics. Bad, good, other???? I also used my new Cowan rest for the first time along with my new bags. That's an awsome set up and I'm going to really enjoy them for years to come. I need to eliminate some of those nasty flyers and see if I can't get some better scores. I also need to test a lot more ammo for this gun.

The rain came back and I left after just the one target. It felt good to get one in though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
chundoo,
Ya done fine man!I think my first score was a 228.Shoot many more to get adjusted to looking at that USBR Target.Then fool around with different ammo types.Buy the Anschutz you were asking about and you'll be set.If you get hooked like many of us,you will thoroughly enjoy it.Glad to have you.:t :D
Mike C.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome to the matches, Chundoo! Congratulations, buddy!!
Just keep playing with it with several flavors of ammo. You'll find some it absoloutely will not shoot (probably Remington!), some it will tolerate reasonably well, some it likes, and if you are lucky, one or two it really loves! Good luck in your quest............

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Chundoo . . .

Do you want that score entered in the May score bulletin? I need more information:
Distance. Your name. Scope make and power of the scope.

Here is the way the score would be set up in the May score bulletin. Just give me the rest of the info:

Joe
---------
? Yards
---------
227-4x (Your Name?) York Haven, Pennsylvania (Chundoo)
Ruger 77-22. (Scope make and power ?). Federal Classic.
Free floated. Trigger worked on...nothing else.. .Used my new Cowan rest for the first time along with my new bags. That's an awsome set up and I'm going to really enjoy them for years to come. I need to eliminate some of those nasty flyers and see if I can't get some better scores. I also need to test a lot more ammo for this gun. The rain came back and I left after just the one target. It felt good to get one in though.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Way to go Chundoo. we all had to start somewhere. The most important thing is that you started, and enjoyed yourself. Good shooting for the first time out. Now all you have to do is get addicted to this sport like the rest of us.

Congratulations

Larry

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate all the good comments and encouragement. I think this is gonna be some real fun if I can get a little better. On second thought, after looking at some of the posted scores maybe I should make that a LOT better. :p Hopefully I'll have my bolt back this week from Randy and I can get out and try it again with my 10-22. I anticipate it will do a little better but there's still some work left to do on it so we'll see.

Joe - I thought my scores had to be emailed to you so hadn't intended this as anything official. Is my understanding wrong and I can post my results here rather than email them? After this coming weekend I'll send in what I have done and include this one with it since I probably won't be using the 77-22 again. I hope to have an Anschutz soon for bolt action use. :D

I'm trying to talk my neighbor into going with me and use the 77-22, it's okay for him to use my gun isn't it? Maybe I can get him interested too, but he'll have to come up with his own rest 'cause I'll be keeping my Cowan busy. :cool:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Chundoo

Our rules say that the scores should be e-mailed to me and to your team captain (if you are on a team) BUT: Some of the shooters started to post their own scores on the forum. That's OK with me. I have been picking them up here and puttting them in the database. It saves me the extra time it would take to post the scores here myself. All I then have to do, is transfer scores and equipment data into the database.

I thing this is a good idea, not just for saving me some time, but to be sure that the scores get to me.

We have had at least three and maybe more situatiions where scores did not get through to me by e-mail.
The last problem was reported by Shawn Ballard (Sid). He just learned that his "HOT MAIL" has not been sending me scores since FEBRUARY.

As a trial: I would like to ask you and a few of the other shooters to start putting your score up on the forum. Make sure they are the first message in a thread. If a score is buried down in a thread, I might miss it. The word SCORE or MATCH should be in the subject line. That should catch me attention and tell me that there is "a score in there", and get around the problem of lost e-mail messages.

Everyone who is on a state team should keep sending scores to your team captain. This can provide me with a double check on scores coming in: And keep team members in touch with the captain.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.