Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1993 Ruger 10/22
Richards Microfit Wildcat Thumbhole in Select Grade Claro Walnut Finished in Tru Oil
EABCO 18" 17 HM2 bbl
EABCO Heavy Bolt Handle
CPC Full Treatment Bolt
Skeeter Adjustable V Black
Skeeter Full Width Trigger
Skeeter Adjustable Sear
Volquartsen Hammer and Hammer Spring
Volquartsen Extractor
Volquartsen Extended Mag Release
Glass Bedded, Free Floating bbl with Pressure Pad
Weaver Medium Rings
Bushnell Trophy 6-18X42 mounted 1/8" Above bbl
"Bobby Pin Trick"

Using full BR gear and Eley ammo, I have shot MOA at 200 yards in no wind. Typical shooting day entails shooting all the bulls on the target, then shooting out the staples holding the target up. This seems worthy enough to call my new squirrel gun.

What do you think?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice rig, I'm still proving my shaw barreled conversion after the first scope would not hold zero.

You must do some fancy figuring to get your drop at 200. All I wanted was a 100 yard squirrel gun.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I hate all implied, "shooters are allways right handed" stocks.
Would everyone just make a hogback, or a high monte carlo, or a high straight back stock? Instead you go to a gunstore, and look at the cheapest factory package rifles, and they will allways manage to throw some kinda little blip of a cheekrest on the LEFT side... just hacks me off...
Anyway, I digress, a very nice looking rig nonetheless.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate all implied, "shooters are allways right handed" stocks.
Would everyone just make a hogback, or a high monte carlo, or a high straight back stock? Instead you go to a gunstore, and look at the cheapest factory package rifles, and they will allways manage to throw some kinda little blip of a cheekrest on the LEFT side... just hacks me off...
Anyway, I digress, a very nice looking rig nonetheless.
I didn't mean to cause a stink. This rifle will only be shot by me and my fiancee (wife in less than a month), so no left handed option needed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took it out today, and shot this 3 shot group at 100 yards. I was having to wait for the wind in between shots. Measures with my dail calipers, it comes to .493 inch. I am now really impressed by this rifle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts