Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D :D If this thing shoots half as good as it looks i'll be grinning to my grave, :D :D :D :D even the guys that don't like manlicher stocks will like this one. :D ---Jim-- (clk' to enlarge pics) AWESOME!!!! :t Started out as a 142-A

·
8,338 Posts
I have to agree with you...

Someone did a fine job on the checkering on that gun. On the 340 separate the barrel and receiver, its very easy to do. PM me if your interested. God Bless, Frank

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup! Better!!

DamGuy said:
AWESOME you got it!!! Is it as nice as in the photo's?? No surprises??
:D Yea! Dave ck' out the pics I posted they show better than the auction pics did. This is one that came thru nicer than the auction showed. I usually figure that what I bid on will not be as nice as it appears on the auction. This time it was nicer. I'm a fan of the long heavy bbls. but this is way to sweet to complain about a 16 1/2" bbl. I'm not gonna touch it. I'm gonna respect the builder work. Thanks Again! and Thank You Visa "OUCH" :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
What a beauty! And there ain't no doubt it'll shoot if there's a 142A under there. My 142A is one of the most accurate .22 rifles I own. Wish my trigger finger could do it justice.

--- Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am green with envy, too!

My first rifle was a 142, and I have a lifelong love of mannlicher-stocked rifles, so your newest is my dream gun! :t

Done a little customizing on one of my 142's, although in a completely different direction (yours is sublime where mine is, um, tactical/practical?) -- shortened threaded barrel, Gemtech suppressor, black parkerized finish .... maybe we need a "custom 142s" thread or web site!
http://www.hunt101.com/img/014533.gif

Congrats on the great find. :beerchug:

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice piece

tony k said:
I am green with envy, too!

My first rifle was a 142, and I have a lifelong love of mannlicher-stocked rifles, so your newest is my dream gun! :t

Done a little customizing on one of my 142's, although in a completely different direction (yours is sublime where mine is, um, tactical/practical?) -- shortened threaded barrel, Gemtech suppressor, black parkerized finish .... maybe we need a "custom 142s" thread or web site!
http://www.hunt101.com/img/014533.gif

Congrats on the great find. :beerchug:
:D Nice piece, how did you get away with the suppressor, i thought maybe you were from the UK. i have a std 142 but I should have a better stock on it, when i got the chance on this one I couldn't let it pass. It is one of the first auction guns that really was nicer than it appeared in the auction pics.It's one of my favorites.one of a kind. Thanks for the Roses. --Jim-- :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mossbergman said:
:D Nice piece, how did you get away with the suppressor, i thought maybe you were from the UK. i have a std 142 but I should have a better stock on it, when i got the chance on this one I couldn't let it pass. It is one of the first auction guns that really was nicer than it appeared in the auction pics.It's one of my favorites.one of a kind. Thanks for the Roses. --Jim-- :D
I got my first 142A for Christmas when I was 8, but it was stolen about 10 years later. :mad: I've been looking for them on-and-off ever since. The one in the photo was a $50 pawn shop rescue, rusted and with a broken stock, that I brought back to life. A coupla years later I came across a minty 99% 142A that is my treasure today, so I didn't feel bad about cutting and threading the barrel on the one shown above. Even with a 16.5" barrel, it's still a tack-driver, like they all are.

No, I'm not in the UK, I live in the Free State of Florida, one of 36 states where civilians can still legally buy registered suppressors. But before you take delivery, you need to get your police chief's signature, get fingerprinted and photographed, pay a $200-per-item federal transfer tax, and then wait three to six months for BATF in D.C. to approve you. I have learned patience, and the value of a squeaky clean life.;)

The good part is that it's the suppressor that's registered, not the host firearm, so I can mount it on any .22 rimfire that I can thread the barrel on. The result is quieter than a pellet gun, and I enjoy shooting without wearing "ears," spooking game or disturbing the neighbors. It's great for introducing young'uns to the shooting sport, too -- they can hear your instructions and guidance clearly.

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
manlicher love

:D Tony k -- I know what you mean i have the 340M and a pair of the 800M Mossbergs (308 and 243) I have a 640M conversion, and a second in the works. I also kinda colect the old Sav. 19 manlichers, if i fall into one and the price is right.--Jim-- the mossbergs listed are one piece stocks not like the 42M/46M etc. :D :D The 800AM 308 ck here http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73504 or the 640M conversion = http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=513599#post513599 You can tell i'm hooked :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those are beautiful mannlichers! I actually owned a 640M for a couple of years -- found it in a pawn shop for $275, and it looked like it had never been shot. It was one of those guns I swore I would never sell, until a family financial crisis hit ... and even then I woulda kept it, except a hard-core NMCA collector offered me more than twice what I paid for it. Family had to come first. :(

Well, it took me a coupla decades to find a minty 142A to replace my original, so if I live long enough I might find another 640M....

Enjoy yours, and don't EVER part with them!

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NMCA Hardcore

tony k said:
Those are beautiful mannlichers! I actually owned a 640M for a couple of years -- found it in a pawn shop for $275, and it looked like it had never been shot. It was one of those guns I swore I would never sell, until a family financial crisis hit ... and even then I woulda kept it, except a hard-core NMCA collector offered me more than twice what I paid for it. Family had to come first. :(

Well, it took me a coupla decades to find a minty 142A to replace my original, so if I live long enough I might find another 640M....

Enjoy yours, and don't EVER part with them!
:D that must have been where George got his :D :D not too many memebers have one. :D sorry you had to part with it. :(

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think would have sold one of my Kidneys instead. :D
But then again yah never know...another 640M might be out there waiting for you...that is if the Gunstore, pawnshope, gunboard sharks don't get it first.
You know who you are... :D

Cheers!
H.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.