Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Most beautiful 10/22 Barrel?

1274 Views 23 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  AK
Thoughts? I have a claro offhand ordered from Claude Gatewood. What are your thoughts on "the most beautiful" barrel to complement his masterpiece?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,500 Posts
Passinby said:
Thoughts? I have a claro offhand ordered from Claude Gatewood. What are your thoughts on "the most beautiful" barrel to complement his masterpiece?
I just like a polished solid stainless steel bull barrel, but the Volquartsen's snake fluted barrel might be a good choice too.

Dave Z.

· Registered
3,500 Posts
Its not the greatest picture of the barrel, but this is my wife shooting her 10/22 (in the old stock) and the picture doesn't really show just how good it looks. Its a 18" fluted SS GM barrel that I polished up. You could shave in that thing if you wanted to!

Also yes the Shaw helical fluting is pretty cool too!

Dave Z.

· Registered
885 Posts
Hi, me personaly would go with a deep blue'd barrel. I never cared for the look of stainless in walnut. Guess I'm old school that way. Just my opinon though. I'm sure it will come out great what ever way you choose!... Good luck with your new build.
Bill :beerchug:

· Registered
10,095 Posts
No contest. I am in the middle of doing the same thing with a classic high grade stock. I am going with a deep blued octogonal tapered stock from Green Mountain.

With a 'blued' (not really, but can't reveal details yet) receiver and trigger housing to match, then mount a small glossy scope, it should look like a custom H&H rimfire. Well I guess it will be except for the H&H!

· Registered
5,438 Posts
Markbo said:
No contest. I am in the middle of doing the same thing with a classic high grade stock. I am going with a deep blued octogonal tapered stock from Green Mountain.
A GM 96/22 barrel in a 10/22 rifle......very nice. :)

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Logic said:
On certain set ups, fluting is nice. However, they seem common these days. The hammered twist on a "T" for looks is one of a kind and real nice.
I agree. I have one in SS I'm considering sending to Randy for chambering and counterboring as the option for the Gatewood special.

I'd like to see some more pics of the Shaw helical fluting before I decide.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.