Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A relative was recently given one of these. Was this a common rifle? It's left handed... 'reckon that's that the "L" signifies, correct?

Condition is what I'd say NRA "good". It spent the past couple decades literally up under a bed and has some very light pitting on the barrel exterior. Some easy work with bronze wool and oil will see how bad that is.

Where might a bolt be found? This rifle has none, but otherwise appears intact and complete. There is an oddly shaped scope mount on it, too (but no scope). It appears to be a see through type mount, nicely mounted to the left side of the receiver.

I did find this thread:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81828&highlight=L42a

Any other information about this critter would be appreciated.

I forgot to mention, that this rifle appears to be set up completely for left handed operations, not just the stock.

confusedly, :confused:
Tommy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a rear site mount...

The rear site is attached a ways to the rear of the "scope mount". Its a swing-away Mossberg rear site, I think. The scope mount is sort of goal post shaped, that "leans" over the receiver from the right. I left the rifle behind with him (it IS his after all! :rolleyes: ). I'll try to get some photo's this week.
Thanks for the reply.
Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.