Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Mossberg 800CM

697 19
A few years ago I inherited a few firearms from my father after he passed away and I’ve been trying to locate any information about one in particular but I have found very very little info on it.
The gun in question is a Mossberg Model 800CM - Cal. 22-250 REM
Does anyone out there have any info about this gun? The only thing I found is that it was introduced in 1970, discontinued in 1972, and the description says it’s a 800C with full length Mannlicher stock.
Reactions: Rosscoe
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
A few years ago I inherited a few firearms from my father after he passed away and I’ve been trying to locate any information about one in particular but I have found very very little info on it.
Does anyone out there have any info about this gun? The only thing I found is that it was introduced in 1970, discontinued in 1972, and the description says it’s a 800C with full length Mannlicher stock.
[Hi , the model 800 was a cros between
Hi Duke, this info is from, Mossberg ,more gun for the money, by Vic Havlin,available at Havlin Sales.com,
Mossberg found Louis Seecamp in Germany who had a prototype rifle, and brought it to the USA . It’s a standard bolt action, but with 6 locking lugs instead of the standard 3. Mossberg added their tang safety from the shotgun line and sold them to Montgomery Wards. Your’s is a “C” model in 22.250 which was added to the line by Alan Mossberg in His first year as president of Mossberg. Great littl varmit or target rifle, can you post some pics?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Duke, this info is from, Mossberg ,more gun for the money, by Vic Havlin,available at Havlin Sales.com,
Mossberg found Louis Seecamp in Germany who had a prototype rifle, and brought it to the USA . It’s a standard bolt action, but with 6 locking lugs instead of the standard 3. Mossberg added their tang safety from the shotgun line and sold them to Montgomery Wards. Your’s is a “C” model in 22.250 which was added to the line by Alan Mossberg in His first year as president of Mossberg. Great littl varmit or target rifle, can you post some pics?
I will take a couple more pictures when I get home from work, I only took a picture of the info on the barrel to do some research but I did share that to this thread. Thank you for sharing the information you found with me, this seems to be a very interesting gun!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have production listed as 1968-1973 but don't think the 800CV or 800CM had a full run of those years. I have never seen a 800CM. My 800CV is one great shooter at least out to 600 yards as I have never tried it past there. Ran out of range. I too would like to see a picture of your 800CM.
View attachment 345918
I found that info from Mossberg collectors .org so I’m unsure of its accuracy, but it’s the only info I’ve found so far. I will post more pictures of it when I get home from work, I only took one of the barrel for the information stamped into it. Your CV is beautiful, I’m a sucker for larger/wider grain lines like that!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe Mossberg Man owns several of these rifles, maybe he can add.................!
If anyone knows info about Mossbergs I think that would be a person that knows a thing or two judging by their name! I don’t have any way of messaging other members yet since I’m new here, but hopefully they’ll see this thread and chime in if they have any info!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have production listed as 1968-1973 but don't think the 800CV or 800CM had a full run of those years. I have never seen a 800CM. My 800CV is one great shooter at least out to 600 yards as I have never tried it past there. Ran out of range. I too would like to see a picture of your 800CM.
View attachment 345918
I have posted pictures!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have posted pictures!

· Registered
15 Posts
I’ve heard the bolt called a butter knife handle an I liked that🙂. Kind of wish I hadn’t sold mine, but it was so nice, I couldn’t bear to scope it it or hunt it. It was unfired and. Had 2 safe bruises. I did fire it, with open sights an liked it. After passing on at a profit I replaced it with a Mossberg ATR in 243, which I scoped and took a deer with last month. Very capable round and hope to take a elk next year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts