Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Mossberg 151M-B

495 12
Snagged this one today..it was missing the sight hood..but both original swivels were present..somehow I managed to lose the front one on the way to my car..it is probably in the gravel on the flea market lot being run over may times. I thought this one was a testament to some really fine American Black Walnut...and that is the original finish. In it's own practical way the rifle has class and reflects quality at an affordable price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went back to the flea market this morning and found that lost front swivel, if it had been run over you sure couldn't tell it. I noticed that the previous owner had placed a small rubber spacer in the rear swivel to keep it from rotating.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I went back to the flea market this morning and found that lost front swivel, if it had been run over you sure couldn't tell it. I noticed that the previous owner had placed a small rubber spacer in the rear swivel to keep it from rotating.
Does the front swivel still have its spring finger to lock it in place?
Great rifle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow! That is a great looking rifle! I picked one up myself early last month and is all original except for the front sight. It also came with a broken firing pin, but sometimes that's the case with an old rimfire. If you ever need any parts for her, check out Havlin Sales http://www.havlinsales.com/ as they will have many of the parts in stock for a reasonable price. My firing pin should be in tomorrow and I can't wait to shoot mine.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LTS, MIghty fine Mossberg! The figure in the wood is striking..on a walnut stocked Swede Mauser they refer to those thin,dark streaks as rat tails. I have a line on another 151M-B that came in to a local shop..hope I get it for a good price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.