Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want opinions on "MOLYFUSION " marketed by ShootersSolutions. Did you notice any improvement in accuracy? How about bore staying cleaner and lower buildup?:confused:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
REDTIP17,

Do a search on "molyfusion" and you will find a few threads where it was mentioned.

Here is a link to one of the Threads.

Regards Bill

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'll probably have some opinions of it, a week or two after my kit gets here, maybe longer depending on weather/shooting conditions/free time. Kit should be here first of this week.

I have two factory SS barrels, one 18.5" and one 22", that I plan to try the Moly on. Both have now been shot about the same number of times, appxly. 500 to 700. I plan to clean both really well, shoot some fouling shots, choose several std. and sub. velocity ammos and shoot some "reference groups" at 25 and 50 before the Moly application.

Then clean 'em up again, apply the Moly as per directions, and shoot some more groups with same ammo and as close to same conditions as possible.

Still trying to decide which stock to use, tho, and whether to use a forearm pressure-point, etc. Two top contenders are a Hogue OM w/ std. barrel channel, and a Deluxe-style wood that came on a Walmart Special.......

Any suggestions on how to make this a "good" test? (fair, objective, ammo to use, test preparations, before/after methods, record-keeping, etc, etc.?) I've been trying to get this together in my head, will put an outline on paper next day or so. Later......

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
slingshot,

Did your Moly kit get here this week?

Mine did, and I've read the instructions a couple of times. But I'm still waiting on an order from Brownells so I can properly clean and lap these barrels before the Moly treatment.

Probably be next week now.... oh well, got plenty of other projects going right now, anyway...... started an outline of my test procedure, still needs work on the details, tho......

sid,

Keep us posted..... I'm anxious to hear from someone who actually knows what he's doin'......

·
Registered
355 Posts
REDTIP17: You have seen current opinions on Moly-Fusion here by Slingshot, and You will see Sid on the threads he started on the 10/22 Actions section: My Sensuous Sexy Suzy (1) and (2) O.K. Guys. You will see something there by CJsDad as well.

There was a 15% discount to members last month for a while.
Would members like yourself like a repeat? I will be glad to oblige. Maybe it will become a monthly thing by popular demand.

I can reactivate the members special, or instititute a new one. Though when you see what $35.00 does as a tool, it is pretty inexpensive even if you get 4 oz. at $88.18.

Sid says $35.00 is good.

Also, to find XF2's testing with GM barrels, 9mm, and FAL, check for links to this forum from sponsor message section by Techshooter. e.g. Community Forum WFMBS Test Moly-Fusion

There have been favorable posts in other forums by others as well in the last year. For example more than a year ago, a question was placed on thefiringline.com forum, and results of people who tried it and posted were positive.

A 12/09/02 Thread that started like yours is 10/22 Stocks & Barrels > Moly fusion? It was started by Sid, who never heard about it before, and ended up with (after hearing positve things by member regulars) and ending positive from the thread starter himself as well as ColtDriver. The thread was old but not forgotten - by me, anyway. It has since been deleted, I guess.

A technology has more intrigue than a product. Products *containing* Moly-Fusion, as that happens will underscore it. The treatent Oil is an example of an in-house product that contains Moly-Fusion, rather than being Moly-Fusion 100%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.