Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
1. larebow:

You, I am not going to cut and paste the response to you statement in the Thompson forum, but for anyone interested, you can click here to view the thread.

It has been addressed before as a volunteer statement, if you search under the key words. ;)

2. Elkein:

1. Have you used it on actions before? Did you know the pure product can be used as *the* additive in a high-tech grease.

2. Did you know you can use it to treat the metal first below a grease?

3. It can be used as an additive into an oil, or even mixed directly with a mineral-oil based grease: as opposed to petroleum-base?

4. The Moly-Fusion products ARE very reactive. The pure paste needs to be worked into the surface rather than just set there.

3. General Caution (whether fit for use) included in the hot-link response. General Use in actions for Trigger Pull can't be advised for everyone, since can cause timing problems: either the trigger pull is too "glass like" or timing in movement VS time becomes impossible to fix for some firearms except for sanding or scoring.
If stiction is successfully eliminated with the treatment, there can be unexpected results, except maybe to a gunsmith or knowledgeable gun owner who understands the mechanical relationships possible. Always keep in mind both bolt-action and semi-auto firearms are machines, complete with timing and friction issues. But especially semi-auto, where you want to control how fast the velocity/time back on recoil is, not just the timing-to-fire is.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I've used Brownell's action lube--molybdenum-disulfide grease on revolver works and trigger assemblies for years--a little bit makes a lot of difference--but it's 'bout 12.00= per ounce. An ounce will last for years though! Just a dab on the right place will make a world of difference and it stays there!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ken says 1/4 ounce kit now is $19.95. and yes, Moly-Disulphide is still just Moly-Disulphide. Moly-Fusion is not black. I guess they decided they wanted to bring it to $80.00 and ounce: the old price for the pure Moly-Fusion, far more powerful than Di-sulphide.

Brownell's when acceptance-testing Moly-Fusion years ago called it privately "Action in a bottle, far superior to Black Action Magic II after putting a couple drops into the Action of a Browning High Power, no dissasembly, and measured the poundage drop in pull.

Wouldn't it be better to get a drop in pull that is idiot proof? Being a "Fusion" multiple becoming one, rather than Moly-disulphide on top: it is solvent resistant.

Moly-Fusion is far less expensive core product by volume than Brownell's current pricing - latest catalog, far more expensive to manufacture - it is created, not recovered from the ground, far more effective, and in far more applications - as inside gun barrels, on drill bits, etc. The small kit used appropriately will also go a long way, and should be enough to have an impact on an Automobile Engine through both oil and air/fuel intake, both products used: that would be quite a bit of metal treatment for the amount.

Ken did post some stuff in the Community Forum some time ago.

Kent: I believe Moly-Fusion technology is superior to Moly-Disulphide plus alcohol technology, not even including the volume now per price difference in favor of Moly-Fusion. Dirty Ore-Powder at $80.00 per ounce VS Fusion Technology at $35.00 per ounce?
It is like comparing grains of sand with steel.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Let's get this straight--what I was saying in a manner of speaking was that if the moly-disulfide worked the moly fusion should too! I should have wriiten a better response--I don't always do the smartest things!! I have no experience with the moly fusion products--I do know the Brownell's stuff does work--even for us idiots. I apologize if I sounded like an advertisement for Brownell's--their stuff is as over priced as the moly fusion stuff IMO--but it works!
Kent

·
Registered
254 Posts
I respectfully dissagree with Moly-Fusion being overpriced, as compared with vastly lesser amounts of ground-up ore of a particular type, namely Moly-disulphide Molybdennum1 Sulfur2, from the ground.

It is a very expensive product to produce: far more expensive than you can imagine, a reaction that itself has many reacted products: many steps that includes Molybdennum, an ingredient to Moly-Disulphide. It is from a manufacturing and chemical point of view, much more akin to the manufacture of the best most precision rifles on the market today. It is not a mixture, anymore than the best precision rifle is a mixture of nuts and bolts.

It is actually very inexpensive for what it is, never mind what it does, when you consider how powerful the treatment-oil is at 6.25% Moly-Fusion.

In manufacturing, you can compare a gallon of Moly-Fusion in price VS a hunk of ore turned to steel turned into a truly precision rifle with all the fixins. The gallon is less expensive than one precision rifle, and will treat tens of thousands of rifle bores or actions, for example, for as little as pennies per rifle - Moly-Fusion cost.

I'm guessing Moly-Fusion in quantity presents enough more value than Black Action Magic II in quantity to maybe not be "overpriced". Moly-Fusion Kits contain something called Moly-Fusion, whereas Black Action Magic II contains something called Moly-Disulphide ("Black").

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
As I said earlier, I think your product will work well for the application suggested. I hear many people have had good results with it--I should have said this in my post--I neglected to do so and evidently offended you--I apologize for that. In no way would I knock a product that I have not yet tried. I prefer to do my trigger work with stones and spring rates--I know how to do that--everone does not--lubes usually don't work well on very light triggers--my .45 auto is 2- 1/2 lbs. on the trigger!! But if someone wants to use a lube to lighten the pull--more power to 'em--this is America--so far!! Best of luck to you in your business. There is nothing to disagree about, respectfully or disrespectively. From the evidence you've displayed, it is apparent that you are right.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks Kent.

No I was not offended, I guess I'm kind of old-fashioned and don't use the emoticons, as in :D !

In any case, I wasn't attacking the "feeling" of "overpriced", but disagreeing with it at face value.

That is why I said "respetfully disagree" with the "my own feeling" on not feeling offended, but realizing the statement was important.

I apologize myself if I conveyed otherwise by not ending with more specifically I wasn't offended. In hindsight I guess inference was not enough. I didn't think you would think I was offended. I presume your apology is with the tact that just in case you offended, which you did not.

I know there was no intent on your part to offend, only you were mentioning your "personal view", which is great!

One interesting point about MolyFusion is that it, like polishing, changes the physical nature of the metal, also. It is not really a lube.

The reason I put a little effort into it, is your opinion is absolutely of great value, just for the very reason you are expressing how you feel. It is your perspective. And as such, it is important.

Thanks again Kent, for your opinions and apology for which I have countered with my own apology as well. I was merely trying expand on it a bit more. So I stand corrected. I agree we are now agreed to not be disagreed. ;)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I agree--no offense meant, and none taken :) Sounds like a great product--and if it's better than the other stuff it's gotta be good! I have read some very good things about it. I might point out that you did a very good job explaining the properties of the product. I could saved us a lot of typing if I had of been more specific to begin with.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks techshooter I've learned a bit.
Sounds like it would be better to learn how to do a propper trigger job.Didn't realize so many things came into play with a semi auto. I thought it would be an easy way to reduce pull by reducing friction of the trigger.
sounds like I'd have to have better experiance with the product so I wouldnt goof it up. Still sounds great for barrells though:D

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would just like to add that techshooter is very serious about his product. So serious in fact, that he responds to any question you might have almost immediately. It seems that he really feels for the product. He has answered my questions quickly and with great answers. Top-shelf customer service.:t
Thanks techshooter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.