Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Mindbender's with Icarus grip and I love it. Going airborne to get the kill is extremely useful, and should be taken advantage of as often as possible. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either mod, but my vote is for Icarus grip.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I know it an esthetic thing but for crying out loud, can't someone make a chassis for the 10/22 that doesn't have the Grand Canyon between the grip and trigger guard. Heck, I love chassis type systems but won't be buying one till they get that fixed. Heck, maybe it is impossible, even the all mighty KIDD couldn't do it.

And yes I actually understand why but don't agree with the manufacturers logic in the slightest

OK. I'm done now. Sorry about that.
I have been building custom grips for the PMACA chassis for years, but could never make them cost effective to sell due to the 10+ hours they took to fabricate. I finally figured out a way to make them for sale now, so let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
At the Steel Challenge matches here in Colorado I shoot with folks who run the ModShot chassis, including the "inventor"/manufacturer of the chassis (who happens to be probably the top Steel Challenge shooter in Colorado). I've never shot it myself, but have held it ... it is a very light setup. The fit wasn't quite right for me personally, but the folks who do run it seem to like it.

There are also some folks running the PMACA chassis ... again, the folks who run it seem to like it. I've considered one myself.

I currently run the Blackhawk Axiom ... I'd say it's probably the best bang for the buck. Not all that customizable aside from changing the stock, and in that regard I wish it had a mil-spec "buffer tube" rather than a commercial. I decided to change out the stock and had to buy a commercial version of what I wanted instead of just swapping over to an AR stock I already had.

Wiland USA is bringing out a "Modular Lightweight Chassis System (MLCS)" ... I was taking to Todd at Wiland about it last week, and it sounds very interesting ... sounds very adjustable/configurable. It will be on the pricey side, but I may consider it when it's released ... I have a Wiland 10/22 LLW barrel that I REALLY like.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just to update ColoradoCanuck's post

The Wiland is out and being shipped and is the most adjustable light weight chassis out there ( BTW the trigger gap bothered me too and the little Nortic insert was the answer... however it may not work on this chassis due to the grip /trigger distance is adjustable ) I preferred the adjusted distance over the filled in aesthetics YMMV

For what is included in the kit the price point is very good

Photo of mine Wood Air gun Blade Fashion accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been building custom grips for the PMACA chassis for years, but could never make them cost effective to sell due to the 10+ hours they took to fabricate. I finally figured out a way to make them for sale now, so let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like tha grip. You have a pm from me.

Paul

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.