Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just starting to collect winchester .22, already picked up a minty 67A($155) and have found a 69A, but am trying to figure out what peep sight is on it. Is there anywhere to go to see pics of the differant sights. all I remember is it had a vertical screw sticking up thru the cheap(no offence) looking stamp metal that held the peep. would this be the standard model? value in 98% condition?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
69a peep

Kennedy-the peep sight on the 69a at which you're looking is the 80-A Winchester sight. It was made of stamped sheet metal, and looks kind of flimsy, especially when compared to offerings from Lyman and Marbles. Value of these is $25-$40 according to Stroebel's "Old Gunsights" book, which I would suggest you buy-especially if you're going to collect Winchesters. -Asa

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi Kennedy

I recently obtained a M72 with same peep.
I found alot of good info in this forum by doing a thread search on "80a".

I recently turned down a M69 I really wanted.
Gun shop would not come down on the price of $318.00.
If it werent pitted I would have bought it. Thats with overall condition of 80%

Anyhow, the 72 is shooting well with the peep. Its the first gun I have had with peep sights on it. 1" groups off the picnic table @ 25yds
I am new to Winchester collecting also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.