Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Model 64

581 1
I have a model 64 probably from the late 60's or early 70's. Unlike my 54, it does not have the year of mfg. It has what for all purposes is a non-adjustable trigger. The only model listed on the barrel is "Lightweight." Does anyone have a source for used triggers that might fit this one? I'm not looking for a competition trigger, but at least something crisp in the 1-3 pound range. I tried Neil Johnson, but he didn't have anything used. I really don't want to spend the $160 with Champion's for a 5098, so any help will be appreciated.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Two choices. I have one that is about to go on ebay. It is from a mid 70's 64 match rifle. The last I sold I got $60 for that way I will take $50 for it and I will pay shipping. I can email you a picture of it if you like. The other option is that there was a guy on www.benchrest.com in the classifieds that had some 64 triggers for sale- I think they were the 5098's and he wanted $100 for them. The 5098 is a great trigger but you do have to make a few changes. You need to drill and tap a 4mm hole in the action for the new mounting screw and you need to change the stock bedding. The stock bedding change is the most time consuming. I made this upgrade to the two 64's that I have which is why I have the extra trigger.

Last, My 64's have the date stamped on the barrels just as the 54 action rifles do.

If you are interested in the trigger email me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.