Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Model 64 Question

781 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Guzziac
A friend of mine told me the chamber of my Anschutz-Savage 64 is sloppy(cut too deep) because a match bullet falls all the way into the chmber. He says the bullet should hit the rifling and have to be seated by the bolt. Is his statement true? This gun shoots about .625 inch ctc groups @50yd with Eley Tenex and Federal 911. Is this good for this rifle?
A friend of mine told me the chamber of my Anschutz-Savage 64 is sloppy(cut too deep) because a match bullet falls all the way into the chmber. He says the bullet should hit the rifling and have to be seated by the bolt. Is his statement true? This gun shoots about .625 inch ctc groups @50yd with Eley Tenex and Federal 911. Is this good for this rifle?
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
M64 Question

I have a 1416 that is newer mfg. With Lapua Master L and Rem- Eley Match I can get .3" at 50yd. if I do my part and the wind cooperates. You have a nice rifle there.
You might need to give a careful cleaning with Shooters Choice Lead Remover then shoot it back in with lead target ammo for a few rounds then test it again.
Guzziac

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.