Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Model 64 Question

781 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Guzziac
A friend of mine told me the chamber of my Anschutz-Savage 64 is sloppy(cut too deep) because a match bullet falls all the way into the chmber. He says the bullet should hit the rifling and have to be seated by the bolt. Is his statement true? This gun shoots about .625 inch ctc groups @50yd with Eley Tenex and Federal 911. Is this good for this rifle?
A friend of mine told me the chamber of my Anschutz-Savage 64 is sloppy(cut too deep) because a match bullet falls all the way into the chmber. He says the bullet should hit the rifling and have to be seated by the bolt. Is his statement true? This gun shoots about .625 inch ctc groups @50yd with Eley Tenex and Federal 911. Is this good for this rifle?
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Seat a round in the chamber, then remove it and you should be able to see rifling inprinted into the lead. Check to see if your barrel is free floated from the stock by running a dollar bill between the barrel and forend. You might also check your action screws, they should be very close to the same (20-30 in lbs if the gun is not pillar bedded). Different ammo chambers differently, although I have found the Federal match ammo is a little tighter in most of my guns. When I change brands of ammo I will run a couple of dry patches through the bore and then it will take several rounds for the gun to settle down. With quality ammo I think your gun should shoot alittle tighter, I doubt that anything is wrong with your action or barrel. Make sure your parallax is set correctly. Hope this helps

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.