Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas where I can find the assembly/disassembly process for a Winchester 63? I've searched here & at "the high road", but no info in the archives.

I do have the DBI book on rimfire assembly/disassembly on order, but I'm not certain the Winchester 63 is in there.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Ray P - PM me your e-mail address & I'll send ya a PDF in Adobe Acrobat on the Win 63 Assembly/Disassembly. It's 6.24mb & includes pix. Not dial-up friendly but pretty good info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the replies.

Ray from NZ: That is the part that has me reluctant to progress.

Nobody (Any relation to Terrance Hill?): PM on its way. Thank you!

V/R,
Ray

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

Ray,

The book "NRA Guide To Firearms Assembly" covers the 63 and a great many others. Originally these takedown/assembly articles were in the AR every month. Then the works were combined in three paper covered books and later combined into this single book.

bjm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all! NOBODY's PM gave me the basic tools. Hopefully, between my neighbor (his rifle) and myself, we'll have it together & shooting this weekend. I want to see how well that vaunted Winchester 63 shoots in comparison to my Reising 65. :)

Again, Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Repro of Original Winchester Model 63 Factory Manual

Hi Ray P,

You might be interested in obtaining a copy of this manual.* The seller, "wkey", has these on eBay, among repros for other Winchester models, as well. Check out eBay #230264189554.* It has a Buy It Now price of $6.00.* Shipping is a bit much at $4.80, but where else are you gonna get one? Go get 'em, tiger!

Hossfeathers:Blasting_

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Looks like the 63 went back together without problems. My neighbor had originally stripped it down to do a total cleaning, hoping that old lube & dirt were causing failure to extract problems. But he reports that it still doesn't function well with Remington Yellow Jacket ammo; too many failures to extract. But it does work ok with CCI.

I mentioned that he should just use the ammo that has proven reliable, but he feels the rifle should be able to consume all 22 LRs equally. So he may take this to a gunsmith for some extractor work.

Thanks again for all your help and in-sights!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Remington Yellow Jacket ammo is Hyper Velocity Ammo. I personally would Not shoot it in any of my old Winchester semi-autos. My 63 will function most of the time with subsonic depending on brand but will consume all brands of good high velocity ammo. Including Remington GB, Win Xperts, Fed 710, 510 ETC.

Sparks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.