Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without sorting through a thousand or so thread on the model 60 can anyone give me some guidance on tearing one of these down for a good cleaning. Also might make for a good sticky.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fast and dirty - unscrew large screw under barrel and small screw behind trigger and remove stock. Push pin at back of receiver out and lift trigger mechanism out of reciever. Pull bolt back slightly and up to remove charging handle and pull bolt back and up and it will come out of reciever - CAREFUL - spring is under pressure and can shoot out or bend if not careful. When reinserting the bolt - place spring with guide rod in bolt and place end in notch at back of reciever carefully compress spring until you can reinsert bolt in reciever then pull slightly back and down and reinsert charging handle. You should not disassemble beyond field stripping as explained above or you risk losing/breaking something. :bthumb:

·
Banned
884 Posts
I saved a powerpoint show created by another member here which covers disassembly and reassembly of the 60. It has detailed images and descriptions. I'm sure the original link is somewhere in these posts if you were to search but I could send it to you if you pm me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.