Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Model 54 sporter

593 7
Serial #1047543A. Can someone tell me when this was bilt and what does the "A" stand for? THanx!!:cool:

Also have a 1515-16 mag. Can't find much info on this, is it a "transition" gun and bild date wood be helpful. Again thanx
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have 6 of these with the newest being a 1970 with a serial # in the 850's, so my guess is mid to late 70's because the last ones came out in 1979 or 80. On some they have the year ( two digits) stamped on the barrel just in front of the left side of the receiver. And because these were imported by Savage, the "A" can only mean one thing. By the way, if you're interested in selling,send a PM. Thanks

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Also have a 1515-16 mag. Can't find much info on this, is it a "transition" gun and bild date wood be helpful. Again thanx
The rifle was offered with a walnut or a beech stock, one was a 1516 and the other was the 1515, so they marked the actions with both model numbers since they were identical guns except for the stock wood. They no longer do this, they are all marked 1516's now.

They did the same with the 22LR's, they were marked 1415-1416 for a while. They are all marked 1416's now. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thamnkx hambone I will give it a look. Same-o steinie, I have the walnut . clears things up a bit. these sure are nice rifles, fit rite in wit a cupple mausers waltherr an my fav----Haenell KK Sport
thas a single shot dropping block shoots better than I ever will:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.