Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a kid, I had a bolt action Mossberg rifle with a forend that tipped bown and a receiver sight. I killed a lot of squirrels with that little gun, but it went to another owner long ago. I have searched gunbroker and other auction sites foe one, but to no avail. Does anyone here know where I might find one for sale?

·
Premium Member
5,357 Posts
The 142(bolt) and 152(auto) were the first one's available with the fold down forearms. For some reason the 142's don't pop up for sale as often as the 152. There are also later versions of them as well, scroll through the different models here starting with the 100 series rifles.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652769

Keep a search on the gun auction sites and hit your local pawn shops and gun shows. You never know what you might find.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I ended up finding a 142A just over a year ago. All original with a hang tag and wood fold down stock. Just a cool old gun. Goes along nice with my 152 also wood fold down stock. Just something about the carbines look neat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.